Default Oneida County NY... Hello

Hi all, I have no bees, yet... I am on a knowledge binge at the moment. Reading when i can, listening to pod casts to and from work. Going after info like a bee after pollen Spring is almost here, seasoned keepers are already working on getting things ready while I sit here reading.... Langstroth, Top bar, Cedar, Pine, Polystyrene, To medicate or not to medicate, 4.9 or 5.4 mm, package or nuc, buy or go after local swarms. So many questions..... with each chapter I read, certain questions get answered and others are posed. I have a direction I am headed.... organically managed I'm sure. I'm doing this for the bees first and foremost, pollination second, personal use honey third, honey for friends and family last. I'm near Camden, NY..... love gardening, hiking, camping, beer and wine making, the outdoors, and a good time and consider this new undertaking an extention of all of these things. Looking forward to new friends, experiences, and hives full of bees......... Thats me.

Todd D.

Default Re: Oneida County NY... Hello

Loads of great info here. Have fun and good luck!
    "Someday we will look back and realize someone was right...and conveniently forget we were the ones that were wrong."

Welcome to the site! One of my sisters used to live in Oneida. When she was ready to move back here to SC I flew up and spent a week in the area sight seeing while we packed her stuff in a truck. Nice area.

Welcome Todd!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Welcome have you joined Mid NY Beekeeping club yet if not contact me and Ill give you the details

welcome todd... i live in williamstown...just 10 min for you.. i am starting out new this year... would love to meet you...i have been trying to gather all the info i can also.. my bees come on may 20th.. i will be using a tbh....good luck with your adventure.... bud J