Question Nematodes for SHB?

Has anyone used these for SHB?

Biological Control of Insect Pests in Soil

Nematodes are microscopic roundworms found living naturally in most soils. Many species of nematodes exist and each has a unique purpose in nature. Nematode species produced by SEI are used to attack and kill larvae of certain soil dwelling insect pests. These pests include, larvae of white grubs, Japanese beetles, root weevils, small hive beetles, armyworms, cutworms, fleas, clear-winged moths, and fungus gnats. Nematodes are highly effective against these pests but they are safe to handle and do not attack humans, pets, wildlife, or plants. Also they pose no threat to the environment

Thoughts?
    No one famous.

Default Re: Nematodes for SHB?

If the beetles are reproducing around your hives, you got other issues. Main concern with beetles it the adults flying in from other areas, but if you think you have beetles reproducing in your hives it might help to keep those numbers down.

I understand they came in through Florida a little over a decade ago. Is that right? Do you have them on the west coast?
    No one famous.

They are here, I've seen them in other peoples hives, normally those kept in town on the edge of a lawn. I myself have never seen them in my own hives. I don't think they are a large threat in the California central valley like they are back east of the Rockies and the south.