Default I scored an extractor!!

Had a friend call yesterday and gave me a number for a guy who came in his shop (pawn shop) wanting to sell a honey extractor. Turns out he got it from a neighbors family after this guy passed away, he bought the property and everything on it. It has been stored
    for several years but supposedly it he only used it one year. It's a Dadant M00440, holds 20 full size frames, with the stand. Runs good and smooth. Anything I should know about it?
    Last edited by GSkip; 02-16-2017 at 10:49 PM. Reason: Spelling

Default Re: I scored an extractor!!

Prob no good. I'll come pick it up so you don't have to worry ab disposal

Great find assuming you didn't pay too much. That's the one I've got. It's a great unit. If you're extracting supers you can fit 36 of them in there. It can be wobbly on the first run when it's not got any weight to it. Once you let some honey stay in it it settles down a bit. Don't let too much honey sit in it or it'll come into contact with the spinning basket and you'll blow the fuse hiding in the electric motor. Fortunately the fuse is inexpensive and easy to replace but if you don't have one with you it's a PITA. I have one taped on the side of the motor as a reminder and easy access replacement if my reminder doesn't work.
    Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...

Quote Originally Posted by Charlestonbee View Post
    Prob no good. I'll come pick it up so you don't have to worry ab disposal
    I didn't have time to reply before I left for work. I was going to offer to pay for shipping.

I keep reading that they are on various sites, but there seems to be nothing in Texas. I guess I'll have to buy a new one...

Excellent find. I have the same type (20 frame Dadant) but an older one.

Yeah good find. I'm looking too and willing to drive all I can find are commercial extractors or two frame. Need a 20 frame myself. Hopefully you'll have plenty of honey for it this year

Quote Originally Posted by D Coates View Post
    Great find assuming you didn't pay too much. That's the one I've got. It's a great unit. If you're extracting supers you can fit 36 of them in there. It can be wobbly on the first run when it's not got any weight to it. Once you let some honey stay in it it settles down a bit. Don't let too much honey sit in it or it'll come into contact with the spinning basket and you'll blow the fuse hiding in the electric motor. Fortunately the fuse is inexpensive and easy to replace but if you don't have one with you it's a PITA. I have one taped on the side of the motor as a reminder and easy access replacement if my reminder doesn't work.
    I called an experienced mentor of mine who has about forty years in the business before I layed down the money. I don't mind saying I paid $800 for it, little less than half what a new one cost with a stand and this one is in new condition. If you can desribe the fuse I'll pickup a spare before I need one. It's hard to find a good used extractor in this area, been looking for a while.
    Last edited by GSkip; 02-17-2017 at 10:29 PM. Reason: Grammar