Default Weather - How's everybody else doing?

Hello all,
    We have been having a lot of warm weather recently, but we just got a kind-of cold snap. We had warm weather and got 3-4 inches of rain, and then we got 14 inches of snow dumped on us. That was just beginning to melt, and now we are forecasted for another 12-16 inches of snow. It's kinda nice to get some moisture. What's everyone else look like?

Default Re: Weather - How's everybody else doing?

Mid to high 80's for the rest of the week. Looks like we are going to get some rain which we need. Doubtful we will get any snow

Quote Originally Posted by westernbeekeeper View Post
    What's everyone else look like?
    Spring has finally broke for us, which I am very thankful for. This next week we have highs in the upper 70s, mostly sunny. Few days of overcast/light rain.

March averaged 20 degrees cooler than normal. Last fall, it was extremely dry, we totally missed the fall flow. For bees, it has been an extremely hard last 9 months or so, a lot of beekeepers in our region had record losses of hives. This included our most experienced beeks.

Shane

Checked bees yesterday in shorts, flip flops, and a tulle. We've had our normal spring temps/rains,60-80 most days with scattered showers/storms. What hasn't bloomed, will in the next 6 wks. If you watched The Masters on tv, thats what it looks like here.

Blowing dirt here. In the air, in my ears, on my furniture. The river is low and the snowpack on the mountains north of us is at record lows. 1.99" of rain YTD.
    Nobody ruins my day without my permission, and I refuse to grant it...

snow finally melted enough that i got into my last two yards last week, the weatherman said its rained 10 of the last 10 days, I believe him, today was warm but windy, I'm half way done cleaning bottom boards, hive are excellent, will do the rest over the next two days. pollen just started coming in last week, really coming in today. I think they said March was much colder than normal, but in general the winter was pretty calm, only a little over 100in of snow and even though it was cold for ever we never went below zero for any length of time.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

duplicate post
    Last edited by squarepeg; 04-15-2013 at 06:43 PM.
    beekeeping since june 2010, +/- 20 hives, tf

oops, didn't notice until after i posted this was coffee klatch. sorry for discussing bees here.
    beekeeping since june 2010, +/- 20 hives, tf

Like Barry. 20mph+ winds every day, dry as a bone and not likely to change. Going to be another tough season for the bees, I think, because this drought. Was in Tucson the other day, and the difference is immediately apparent- they've gotten more rain, and everything is blooming like crazy. If I had more hives, I'd haul them the 3 hours down the road for the better forage.
    Zone 8a at 4300ft. Langstroth. 4 Hives. AHB region.

New beek here. Put the packages (2) in on the 6th April. We've had 2 days in the last 14 that it didn't rain, or wasn't 30 to 45 or so. So, we've done one inspection at the 72 hour mark, but haven't been able to get back in due to the rain. We had over 4" of rain yesterday, and more deluge today ... the bees will be using Cheerios as life preservers if it keeps up.