Default Newbie from Northern Ohio

Hello all,
    I just started beekeeping (or I will in April when my bees come!) so, consequently, I've just started reading this forum and decided to join. I'll have one hive to start, but I'm told I'll probably want more next year! I'm super excited.

Default Re: Newbie from Northern Ohio

Hi and welcome berzee. I just started to and am thrilled to bits. Can't wait until next spring and I'll get another hive hopefully from the one I have.

Welcome!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Welcome to the site from another very excited newbee. I install my 4 packages this Saturday. Whoohoo!

Welcome,
    I'm from Lorain County, Avon
    Dan

Thanks for the replies.
    Dan, I'm glad to hear of someone else in Lorain County. Do you live in the city of Avon? I ask because I live in the city and have been a bit concerned about how my neighbors might react to my keeping bees. Have you had any trouble with neighbors where you live?

Never kept bees in Avon, but Roger Maynard on Nagel north of Detroit did. You might be able to talk to him.
    Living in CA now.
    Dan

Ok. Thanks. I actually just talked with one of my neighbors and he said that, years ago, someone kept bees two doors down from me. I'll probably talk with them.

Check out the city laws to be sure it is not illegal to keep bees and county regulations about a bee inspector. Maybe best to locate them where it is least noticeable. I never did it but have thought about having a hive in the garage with an outside entrance through the wall.

Thanks samoadc. I have read the city regulations, two or three times actually. It's not illegal and I don't really think my neighbors will mind too much once they get used to the idea.
    Funny thing about putting them in the least noticeable place, though: my only wall with a southern exposure is the front of my house and, because it was the paint I had, I have already painted my supers purple and bright green. But, it's good for people to see bees in the city, right? And I don't mind answering questions if people have them.