Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Lemongrass Oil lures - How to make them?

6K views 12 replies 11 participants last post by  danno 
#1 ·
Hello all,
I bought some LGO at the health food store today. I bought a .5 oz bottle for $5.49; it says it's pure essential lemongrass oil. I assume this is the stuff you use for swarm lures, correct? If so, then how should I make lures? Cottonballs? How much LGO per cottonball? Anything else I should know? Can I make a bunch at once and then store them? If I can store them, how should that be done? Thanks in advance for your help.

#2 ·
Hey, i have enver done this ebfore, so don;t take it as the only way, or even the right way!

I plan to dip a Q-tip in mine, rub it at the entrance, and rub it around the interior until the Q-tip is a bit dry. then I'll leave the Q-tip in the box, in a small zip-lock bag, and call it a day. Right or wrong, i think this is the way to go for me.

#4 ·
Mr. Ben I set several swarm traps a year with q-tips. About 2 drops on one end and rub the q-tip around the inside of the box and along a couple of the top bars, then I throw the q-tip in the bottom of the box, seal the box up hang it and start fishing. That is all there is to it.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.