Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Bees running behind

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  bluegrass 
#1 ·
Just got a phone call from my bee supplier. He said that they were just informed that the bees are a week behind. Guess I have more time to get everything ready

#3 ·
Your supplier can't provide what you paid for until he has it. You don't want him watering down what you get so you can get it on time. It is an unfortunate reality of those who need to buy bees. We can plan on the weather mother nature normally provides. But averages mean half the time we are late getting what we expect. I am glad I can now produce my own replacements except for early season queens.

#4 ·
Never asked where they come from my supplier is a member of the same beekeeping club. He sells equipment and makes a run for bees every year. I was expecting this but was hoping it did not happen. Weather will not get nice her in pa or down south. I just posted this so others would not be so shocked if they are late getting their bees. Can not control the weather and I would not want poor package or poor queen just because I was in a hurry.

#5 ·
Sounds to me like a delay in transporting package bees which is wise on the part of your supplier given the cold weather. Looks like we are in for a warm up this weekend, but then it is going to plummet again. I have been on the horn with the outfits I deal with and I have not heard of any delays in production. There is one outfit who is always late regardless of weather, so maybe the packages are coming from them. But otherwise I haven't heard of any delays this year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.