Default Asking for trouble?

Hey folks,

I know this topic has been talked to death, but I still haven't gotten a straightforward answer. Here's the situation: I have 4 hives and a nuc. The nuc was a cutout and is doing nicely. I have been feeding them and they have capped syrup in the corners, but uncapped syrup where brood really ought to be. The other four hives vary, but in general they are starting to put syrup in the brood. All 5 still have foundation drawing to do.

Here's what I did: Michael Bush seemed to have the most logical answer so far. He suggests that if there are capped stores and things are in bloom, stop feeding. So I did. Today I discontinued all feeding.

If I wait a week to check the progress of these hives am I asking for trouble? Is there a possibility they could starve in a week if I did the wrong thing?

Thanks from a nervous newbie in GA!

Default Re: Asking for trouble?

No they certainly won't starve in a week with what you describe. Make sure you don't have a big draft coming up thru the bottom or a wide open entrance. They need heat to draw comb and expand that brood.

Nope, they won't starve. You'll be just fine.
    "My wife always wanted girls. Just not thousands and thousands of them......"

Thanks folks! I really appreciate the replies.