Default Should I super a queenless colony that is full

I had a colony swarm and left a queenless hive two week ago. Well now they made 4 queen cells (capped) and their numbers are big. It is a single deep brood chamber. There is full comb on more than 8 of the frames but no queen. Should I add a super and excluder to the colony now or wait until the queen is hatched or mated and laying? What do you recommend? Thanks

Default Re: Should I super a queenless colony that is full

I would put the super on and if the queen isn't emerged let alone mated, I wouldn't bother with the excluder. You have ten days to two weeks to put it on so let the bees store honey without wearing out their wings. Of course when you put it on, make sure she is downstairs. Congesting them by not supering will most likely result in an afterswarm. I would just leave two cells myself.

A hive that is out of room, is out of room. Give them a super.
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

In my experience they will produce even more honey if they are queenless because they don't have brood to take care of. As others have said; super them.