Default Where have all the truckers gone

Well we have had a pretty smooth season so far,but can't seem to get any trucks the last few days anybody else having they same problem?
    George Brenner @ www.valleyhoneyco.com
    Mesa, AZ

Default Re: Where have all the truckers gone

Quote Originally Posted by G B View Post
    Well we have had a pretty smooth season so far,but can't seem to get any trucks the last few days anybody else having they same problem?
    They all quit trucking to become commercial beekeepers!
    Beeman
    All things may be lawful; but not all things are advantagous.

Peak season for bee hauling no doubt. I am just thrilled when I get a trucker that can understand the directions I give him and he makes it there safely and on time. Bee hauling pays well but, unfortunately, there is a vast difference in the competancy of the truckers I deal with.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I hear you Jim,we have had a good bunch of drivers.Just can't seem to get them back here when we needem

Quote Originally Posted by jim lyon View Post
    Peak season for bee hauling no doubt. I am just thrilled when I get a trucker that can understand the directions I give him and he makes it there safely and on time. Bee hauling pays well but, unfortunately, there is a vast difference in the competancy of the truckers I deal with.
    George Brenner @ www.valleyhoneyco.com
    Mesa, AZ

Had a friend call he had a load of bee's hour away from me that ran out of fuel on I-75 eventually after setting for 2 1/2 hr they got the truck going again so having good truck drivers does pay

CARB rules in CA may have kept some truckers from coming to CA. This would shorten supply elsewhere. I also think more bees traveled farther to get here this year due to bee issues in California with drought etc. I know one beek who was trying to shuttle loads from Reno in with his truck by swapping trailers because they couldn't meet the regs and come across the border.