Thread: Hey fro Georgia

Hybrid View

Default Hey fro Georgia

Just want to introduce myself. I will be picking up my first package of bees in one week, my wooden ware is assembled and I will paint tomorrow. I have been doing some reading here and in a couple of books. I am seriously looking forward to trying my hand at beekeeping. Already I have been impressed with the knowledge shared in this forum. Thanks to you all for all of your posts and assistance.

Default Re: Hey fro Georgia

Hi back at you from Australia. You are where I was only 3 weeks ago. You will love the bees I am sure. It is a fascinating hobby!

Hah! This is my first post on Beesource (just registered) and I am from Thomson, Georgia. Charles is right, brdmkr, you will love the bees. I messed up and only started one hive last year. I should've started AT LEAST two! Anyway, I bought another Lang. and my brother and I built a Kenyan top-bar hive. We ordered our bees this year from H&R Apiaries and just installed them this past Thursday (March 21, 2013), coincidentally, our birthday--John and I are twins. Unfortunately it has been very cold, so the ladies aren't as active as I would like them to be in their new hives, but hopefully they'll do well. Anywho, good luck and happy beekeeping!

Welcome to the site! Newbee here too. Installing 4 packages next Sat. Mentor is letting me install one of his packages today. I'm really excited to get my hands on those girls! lol

Welcome!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Hello everyone im new to beekeeping. I installed two packages today weather was not as good as I would have liked but it went well. I got them placed in the hives and the top feeders are on now i have to do the hard part that is to wait before I can go back in and check. Looking forward to the next couple of weeks.