Default Nice box nailing jig

Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

Default Re: Nice box nailing jig

Unless your wood is really warped, I think I could nail the twisty ones before stapling faster. That and a big crescent wrench for a lever are all I need to store. I suppose if I was putting together hundreds regularly I might justify the storage room that would take up.

I kind of like it, all I have to do is find somebodies ladder tree stand in the woods and borrow part of the ladder and get a friend to do some welding to make it.
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

I don't even have a workbench to assemble them on, usually I just crawl around on my hands and knees on the garage floor putting them together, they turn out perfect every time. John

what I use is a right angle and a rubber mallet. this looks sweet
    Ian Steppler >> Canadian Beekeeper's Blog
    www.stepplerfarms.com

i have 100 boxes to paint so i made the lazy susan holder they use for painting, what a great setup! roll them stack'em and let her dry.

Hmmm....well, I'm not crazy about the pivots on the movable sides...should work fine, but it won't let you know if something is off. Since the goal is a box with all 90 degree surfaces, I would make the jig impose that on the box.

For a rabbited hive body, some kind of jig is almost necessary...for box joints, you can get away without one (but you have to cut the box joints). I made one out of wood made like a simple frame nailing jig that does 2 boxes at a time. I still use clamps to hold everything tight, but I don't have to stop and check to see if things are square.

deknow
    The perils of benefactors; The blessings of parasites; Blindness blindness and sight -Joni Mitchell 'Shadows and Light'

even with rabbeted joints, i just glued and put two staples in each side to hold it together. then flexed it until it was square to the eyeball (i did confirm on the first one with a framing square) then started firing off staples like it was the shooitng gallery at the county fair. Its a little faster to to set up the box hoined ones, but you spend more time cutting the fingers.