Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Getting bees

Tags
bees
11K views 36 replies 10 participants last post by  linn 
#1 ·
So i got complete hive, i repainted it it has frame and stuff, so i got hive because that in my village house is lots of flowers and almost all bees of neighboors coming to us, so i thinked why i should not i have bees... so question is, if i will place hive in garden and make good conditions (lots of flowers around hive and water containers) when bees will found it they will make new home there right? i heared about that but not sure, is it right? and how many time it can take? thanks for reading, question is little bit odd but please answer :D.

#36 ·
How about Indian stores from India?
You can probably find them there if you do a search. Or ask someone if they know any.
Maybe the store will carry the oil.

#37 · (Edited)
Is a ten frame langstroth hive considered a 40 liter trap? Nick 1111, it sounds like you are using your hive as a bait trap. I read the ideal bait trap has a 40 liter capacity and is 10 feet up. The first swarms in the Spring can be pretty big, so I think your idea of using the hive as a bait trap is good.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.