Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Got my Class A CDL learner's permit today

> For some reason my keyboards "enter" key isn't working so I can't start a new paragraph.

LOL!

You can get around that pesky "enter" key problem by copy-n-paste an existing displayed paragraph break. You can test it with the one above here between "LOL!" and "You".

Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Been hearing that there is a new federal mandate that all drivers with CDLs need to fill out a Medical Self-Certification Affidavit or they will have to re-take the CDL test to reinstate their CDL license. This form is suppose to be mailed in prior to January 1st 2014. It is my understanding that each state is responsible for notifying each person with a CDL license via letter but have learned that many people have not received letters and knew nothing about the required paperwork. Just a heads up for those who have CDLs who may want to check it out.

More info on the Medical Self-Certification Affidavit is available at this link:
    http://www.aamva.org/CDL-Program/

If you click on the Medical Certification tab, and then read the FAQs, you will see that beekeepers transporting bees across state lines fall into the "excepted interstate commerce" category.

_My interpretation is_ that if you submit a properly prepared Self-Certification Affidavit, designating yourself as "excepted interstate commerce", you will not be required to submit a Medical Examiner's Certificate.

Note that how the Affidavit is submitted varies by state, follow the link to the state chart.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Neato! When I get to a thousand hives, I may hire yup to haul a load wherever! maybe through downtown NYC
    A man is worth just as much as the things about which he busies himself- Marcus Aurelius

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12