Given the near-term forecast, how would you suggest we manage packages picked up on Wednesday (3/20)? http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/man...eather/8252_pc
We have no drawn combs, no frames of honey. The current plan is to hold them in the basement, and feeding 1:1 syrup until Friday. On Friday, we'll drive them to the beeyard, hive them in warm 10-frame deeps (with warmed frames) and place a gallon each of warmed syrup on the top bars of each hive. We'll reduce the entrances to the smallest opening, but I'm not sure what to do with the SBBs - the ground at the yard can get VERY boggy. Considering today's snow, I expect it to be swamp-like on Friday. Should we close the bottom boards? Keep them open? Not sure with feed open to the air inside the hive.