This marks the beginning of my second season with bees. I have atop bar hives that is too small. I used the plans from topbarhive.com and it's very short.

I'm in Austin, Texas and it's very warm already. Today is 86F, sunny, no wind. It's the warmest day so far.

A couple of days ago, my bees were bearding a little. I figured it was just the heat. Right now, they are swarming. I have never seen anything like this. There is a ball on the to of a tree about 25-30 feet up. I cannot reach them.

What are my options?

1) I could let them swarm (bummer for me), or

2) I could catch them (and either sell them or use them to beef up my other hive which is 3 miles away).

What SHOULD I do? I really don't know. I should have been prepared for this, but I am not.

If I catch them how do I? I use the best thing do so is build a swarm trap, but how?

And, to top things off, my home office is a tiny lean upon. That's where I am now. And there is a GIGANTIC red wasp flying around in here. I'm terrified of it! So, if you have any tips on how to bait that, I'm all ears!!!

Please forgive my lack of educating myself on this matter, shame on me and I feel ridiculous that I didn't put a plan in place before it was too late. But if you have something to offer, know how very grateful I am!!!