Default Trucks on I-10 New Mexico and West Texas

I just came back from almonds, we took our bees on our own under 26k rig.
    It is amassing to witness such a migration of bees and people that love their bees.
    Some areas at the almond valleys are just packed with beekeepers and their equipment fills hotels and gas stations. I just loved it!
    Anyways, at the New Mexico's beekeepers association on Facebook, there is an announcement of a possible rollover of semi full of bees on I-40
    http://www.facebook.com/groups/nmbka/

I live in Anthony NM, between Las Cruces and El Paso TX a few miles from I-10; may a beekeeper run into problems and may need a hand, please let us know, we would be glad to help out without any monetary gain. I will keep my truck with a tank full and bee suits on hand so that we can run to help you -hopefully never. I pray for good and safe travel to all; may the rumor of the turned over semi just stay as a rumor and nothing else.

Aurelio & Veronica Paez; DBA Michas Honey House
    915-603-7499 -call any time.

Default Re: Trucks on I-10 New Mexico and West Texas

We sent over 120,000 hives from FL to CA for almonds this year. That is to say Florida Apiary Inspection certified 120,000 for shipment.
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

I hope your statistical numbers were not "cooked" by RR

As a former West Coast resident, I understand how all those southeast states sort of all blend together for Westerners. But RR was a Mississippi "chef", not Florida.
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Sorry, every time a see big numbers I just wonder if someone is pulling another RR on me. -I got my refund, but the aggravation is still there.

Kudos 2 u for bein willing 2 help out fellow beeks in trouble. Dont see that much anymore i give ya 2 thumbs up!!!!!!!!
    AKA BEEMAN800

.......we sent over 120,000 thousand hives "americasbeekeeper" ......

you forgot......
    ........and 5 trillion hive beetle......., ha ha ha

No "cooking" I supervise the Out of State Shipping Permits, RIFA certificates, California Compliance Agreements, and get the calls in the middle of the night from the Ag Interdiction stations. There were a few that left FL without paperwork, not included in the 120,000, that I get called from the CA station.
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

AmericasBeekeeper,
    About 5 weeks ago, at the last few miles of Arizona on I-10, I saw a truck full of hives heading east. I asked the inspector about it at the CA station taking care of my cargo, she told me the truck and cargo had "issues". It was a truck from Florida.
    I just felt bad about the beekeeper that sent that load, I just hope he was able to rescue it somehow.

I brought my bees home from Livingston last night, North on 99 I seen four flatbeds pulling trailered hummerbees and loads of hives on them!! I felt like an anchovy swimming with great white sharks with my small load of 6 hives!! They are doing major construction on Hwy 99 in both directions in Modesto so the traffic was terrible, even at 10 PM. The plus side, I let a beekeeper cut in front of me on the merge to one lane and I got to stare at the boxes, pallets, tie downs and the hummer bee!! Beats just watching tail lights.
    Coyote Creek Bees