Thread: Tennessee

Default Tennessee

Last edited by Barry; 12-19-2015 at 05:35 AM.
    Graham
    . . . . . . "those who want to see, can see". - - [Oldtimer - 2016]

Default Re: Tennessee

The link to the Tennessee Apiary Act of 1995 in post #1 is no longer functional - it appears as though the state website has been reorganized. Here is an updated link:
    https://www.tn.gov/assets/entities/a...sApiaryAct.pdf
    Graham
    . . . . . . "those who want to see, can see". - - [Oldtimer - 2016]

Here is a link to all of the information that TN currently has available on their site regarding beekeeping, including the form to register your apiary (whether it is one hive or 1K).

https://www.tn.gov/search?keywords=apiary

I submitted registration form a couple months ago & hadnt Hurd back, until at our last association meeting (naba) our attorney spoke about legal issues, etc & I asked how long does it take to receive notification on your app. At break I had several people come up to me that had the same problem. That was a Sunday. Monday I got a call from county agent & it was all cleared up. Turns out that our association had donated bee hives to the new convention center downtown last year & they're app hadn't been approved either. Our agent is a nice guy & I know over worked. I offered to help as a volunteer but they can't do it. He did tell me that our app was valid from the earliest date we have a copy of. So be sure to make a copy for your records.

The State apiarist's turnaround for registrations is very, very slow. But yes, he confirmed that they count them effective as of the date you filed, not the date they get around to processing your forms. They will eventually send you a confirmation notice.