Default Indoor wintering

As of today American beekeepers’s losses during a wintering are about 20% and more of colonies, and beekeepers have to work hard to prepare colonies for overwintering. During fall and winter colonies raise brood and mites warroa. 200 years ago one famous Ukrainian scientist and beekeeper, whose name was P.Prokopovich, created a method for overwintering in a special bee house with stable conditions and temperature about 55 F and with no brood. The result he obtained was 8 – 10 lb of honey consumed by 1 bee colony from November to April, and losses no more than 3% of colonies during every overwintering.

Prokopovich kept 2000 and more hives in the area that have no good nectar flow. His methods of beekeeping was absolute organic with no sugar syrup feeding. Because of minimizing of winter losses of colonies and expenditures honey for overwintering he had obtained stable and profitable beekeeping.

Prokopovich’s methods are ideal for organic beekeeping and let you to treat colonies against varroa during winter.

The goals you can obtain by using these methods:

- Less works at fall

- Minimum loss of colony in winter

- No nozema at the end of the winter

- Minimum varroa in spring

- Get about 50 lb of additional honey from each colony

- Prokopovich defined: “The less honey one colony consumed in winter the stronger this colony is in spring”

For example, special shed 8’ x 8’ x 8’ accommodating 24 hives costs about

$3,000.00. Honey economy for one overwintering will be 50lb x 24 = 1200lb,

which would cost 1200 X $3.00 = $3,600.00.

If you are interesting to try this method and ready to expand money for building

up this special winter bee house – please, feel free to contact me

Untitled.jpg

Default Re: Indoor wintering

Quote Originally Posted by mykola.kliuikov View Post
    If you are interesting to try this method and ready to expand money for building

up this special winter bee house – please, feel free to contact me
    Yeah, I'll get right on that...right after I send $50k to this fellow in Nigeria, he is positive than he can liberate 10 million smackers from a dead American's bank account and he'll give me half of it. Really sounds like a wicked good deal to me, can't pass it up...
    Zone 4a/b

I've been toying around with the idea of indoor wintering. Followed Ian's posts and have read pretty extensively. There is a lot to it. And down here we would need AC as well as heat because of our temp swings and it doesn't get that cold. And then beekeepers who winter indoor still lose hives. I question the 3% loss and I question the amount of honey needed to get them through the winter.

While the op may be a scam, the idea of inside wintering has been around since before the honey extractor. I have been reading an old ebook version of 50 Years Among The Bees, he speaks about wintering his hives in a cellar every year.

Quote Originally Posted by BadBeeKeeper View Post
    Yeah, I'll get right on that...right after I send $50k to this fellow in Nigeria, he is positive than he can liberate 10 million smackers from a dead American's bank account and he'll give me half of it. Really sounds like a wicked good deal to me, can't pass it up...
    I'm not swindler like one fellow in Nigeria. I just want to interact with some wise beekeepers who want to do something good for bees.