Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Swinger Trailer

Default Re: Swinger Trailer

I have not seen the shipping invoice yet so I dont know the weight of the swinger. What is the weight I should expect to be moving around. Mine has the heavy bumper and the hive clamps. So I guess this is to you Trevor since yours looks just like mine, what does it weigh?

I cant wait until the truck gets here tomorrow. I cant wait to name it.

Forklift-trlr.jpg
    Hey Mike, is this what you are looking for? Less than 5 minutes to load and head down the road. It is a tilt trailer. The back wheels of the forklift set between 2 square tubes. A chain is hooked across the hitch on the back of the forklift. Doesn't even need a binder to tighten the chain. The chain simply keeps the forklift from bouncing out of the 2 tubes that keeps it in place on trailer.

CES

Quote Originally Posted by CES View Post
    Forklift-trlr.jpg
    Hey Mike, is this what you are looking for? Less than 5 minutes to load and head down the road. It is a tilt trailer. The back wheels of the forklift set between 2 square tubes. A chain is hooked across the hitch on the back of the forklift. Doesn't even need a binder to tighten the chain. The chain simply keeps the forklift from bouncing out of the 2 tubes that keeps it in place on trailer.

CES
    Can you PM me or send me a link to more pictures closeups also. Would like to add that to my trailer build stock. Going to have one built. Keiths is a great one for quick on and off. Maybe I can get a few pic's from him.

Here's the one that Dave Mendes uses for his bobcats. It seems a little heavy to me but I know they work well. http://tropictrailer.trailersusa.com...uty-fl-i291649
    I am holding on to the hope I have inside... Kutless

Thanks for that I am looking for a more purpose built one that weighs just enough to do the job and is small enough to move the swinger. Length and weight are important for fuel and mobility purposes.

Quote Originally Posted by dbest View Post
    Here's the one that Dave Mendes uses for his bobcats. It seems a little heavy to me but I know they work well. http://tropictrailer.trailersusa.com...uty-fl-i291649
    Tropic Trailer dosent make them anymore ,they also wont work with a Swinger. They are great for Bobcats with casters though.
    Clear Lake Wi. / Sebring Fl.

What do you think 1 axle or two. I hear two beats your equipment less.

Any good trailer builders on the west coast?

EastSideBuzz Try the one I told you about I know he knows how to build them. Tom

Thanks for reminding me. I will contact him tomorrow to see how much he can do it for.

" Any good trailer builders on the west coast?"

Mike, Have you checked out Torklift Central in Kent? Everything they do has to do with trailers and they do fabrication.

Found this for someone looking for a swinger http://bakersfield.craigslist.org/bfs/3664100348.html

Quote Originally Posted by CES View Post
    Mike, Have you checked out Torklift Central in Kent? Everything they do has to do with trailers and they do fabrication.
    Just sent them an email with my spec's.
    Last edited by EastSideBuzz; 04-01-2013 at 12:55 AM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12