Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

PUT LOG with SWARM near entrance, bees began stinging one bee!

2K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  TheRatLover 
#1 ·
This must be bees not of the hive? What do I do?

#2 ·
I have nucs, but should I even try to keep these bees or just get them in the nuc, and remove them to a different location? Should I just move the logs away?

Could the intense hum also be that they know an enemy bee hive is near? When I did look at the bees yesterday and work with them, I got the feeling there may have been an attack going on, but not sure...

#5 ·
Okay, they were not taking over a nuc, but a strong hive. They did seem more prone to land on me, but no more than any bee if they were being shoved around like I was doing with them. So, you think I might need to be concerned that it's AHB's (I'm assuming you mean Africanized)?

Can someone tell me the signs of AHB's? So far, in my area, they seem to be greyer in color, short abdomens with long wings, and they fly very fast! Also, they would go after you in large amounts when angered right?

-Lori

#7 ·
<snip>... Can someone tell me the signs of AHB's? So far, in my area, they seem to be greyer in color, short abdomens with long wings, and they fly very fast! Also, they would go after you in large amounts when angered right? -Lori
We don't have AHB (Africanized Honey Bees) where I am but from everything I have read, there is no way to tell by simply looking at them. Only a genetic test will determine if they are AHB. They look the same as EHB's. -js

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.