Thread: Michigan Beeks

Hybrid View

Default Michigan Beeks

Who here is from Mi?
    Who would be interested in getting a group together once a month or so?
    Maybe more often in the winter months to build equipment in prep for the upcoming season?

get-attachment-6.aspx.jpgIMG_8807.jpg

Default Re: Michigan Beeks

I'm from Michigan, not too far from you actually. I do most of my prep work at odd times when I'm not brewing or remodeling. What did you have in mind?

I'm in MI as well, and have family that lives in Greenville, so I'm often somewhere pretty near you. My schedule is such that I am regularly called out of state for work and have little notice. I suspect my attendance would be spotty, but i am interested.

I have a small "shop" that I build most of my woodenware in the winter months. Maybe get together on a Sat. when the snow is knee deep. Build, prime, paint, whatever.

I have a pretty decent sized shop at my place also (it was set up to work on tractors originally). I build everything myself, but I don't paint, I wax dip.

I've still got some nucs to build and dip yet but there's nothing pressing. I'm waiting till it warms up to do dipping, since it takes a lot more propane when it's cold outside. I do need to make a bunch more frames yet also I guess.

I wouldn't mind getting together sometime either even if it's just to shoot the breeze and swap ideas. If anyone wants to PM me I can send along my email address and we can see what works out. I've got Spring break coming up soon (teacher) and plan on spending most of it in the shop and getting the garden ready for Spring.
    Last edited by Mr. C; 03-12-2013 at 12:41 PM. Reason: Sorry the original post was terrible phrasing.

Sounds like we have a good start so far.