Default Carrying a few queens on airplane

Was just wondering if anyone tried carrying a few queens with them on an airplane. I am visiting a friend who has queens and would like to take them back with me on the airplane.

Default Re: Carrying a few queens on airplane

I wonder how the dim bulbs of the tsa would react to that?? Probably not well. Ask the airline---explain that the hold is unheated and the queens need heat. In a sane world it would be no problem at all-----

I wonder how the dim bulbs of the tsa would react to that??
    I take offense to your comment. My wife is a TSA agent. She and most others work their tail off to keep us safe. Don't judge the whole system by what you hear on the news. If you have an issue with TSA, contact the bimbo's in Washington that make the rules. The people you are in contact with are only doing their jobs. As far as the queens go i'll ask her when she gets off work and post what she say's.

Please dont take offense.
    I think what he/she meant to say was 99.8% of TSA agents are Morons. Not all of them.
    BTW, The TSA agents will not allow live insects without the proper Agricultural documents.
    I carry them in a lunch box with a thermometer and a hot water bottle filled up when get on the jet.
    Vent as needed. From Hawaii to Canada... Never have lost any....

Quote Originally Posted by TNTBEES View Post
    I wonder how the dim bulbs of the tsa would react to that??
    I take offense to your comment. My wife is a TSA agent. She and most others work their tail off to keep us safe. Don't judge the whole system by what you hear on the news. If you have an issue with TSA, contact the bimbo's in Washington that make the rules. The people you are in contact with are only doing their jobs. As far as the queens go i'll ask her when she gets off work and post what she say's.
    In the vally of the blind, The one eyed man is King

I think there may be some legal issues. Many states have inbound agricultural inspection requirements for living plants and animals. With bees a certificate of health from the state of origin may suffice. But….the people who manage passengers are not trained to know what is and isn’t allowed and may (probably) err on the side of caution. I think you would be wise to box them up with attendants and mail them home.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Make a queen cage out of non-metal items. small as you can.
    Place in shirt pocket.
    Old Guy in Alabama

I've heard of people putting queens inside of pens, not sure how many pens you can stick in your pocket? wonder what people do when they start buzzing?
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon

JZBZ queen cage?
    Solomon Parker, Parker Farms, ParkerFarms.biz
    11 Years Treatment-Free, ~25 Colony Baseline

I once brought back an iguana from Mexico in my carry-on. Customs had a good laugh but could not find a rule against it.
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. -Frank Zappa

i just asked my wife the TSA agent. No problem as far as TSA is concerned. It's no different than dogs, cats, gold fish, sugar gliders, etc. All of which come through on a daily basis. The problem would be with the Airlines, and the states. You would have to declare them at the TSA checkpoint to make sure they don't go through x-ray.

Not sure how it applies to insects but the airlines have rules about traveling with animals, i.e. one per cabin, reservation, approved carrier. Of course, these don't apply if it's a certified therapy companion.
    Politics is the entertainment branch of industry. -Frank Zappa

Quote Originally Posted by Solomon Parker View Post
    JZBZ queen cage?
    I was thinking the same thing. As long as you're heading through the metal detector you're fine. However, if it's one of those body scans it'll show and you'll have to declare it. Not sure of the implications of the airlines or states, respectively once you declare. It's only a 1/2 dozen bees (2 queen 3 attendents each). I would think neither would be trouble and you'll be fine when you explain but I wouldn't bet the farm on it.
    Ninja, is not in the dictionary. Well played Ninja's, well played...

Why did Christopher Walken suddenly pop in my head....

I am sure they fly when you have them shipped from a supplier, so I doubt it would hurt them. Checked baggage would probably not be a good idea, unpressurized cargo.

Surely the airline you are flying will have a posted policy on their web or ask your agent.

My employee flew to California with 5 queens in his pocket. He called ahead and declared them at security. No problem.

Quote Originally Posted by JRG13 View Post
    Why did Christopher Walken suddenly pop in my head....
    As long as it just pops into your head
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney