Default After cut out detail questions

I removed bees from a rotten tree 2 days ago. The tree was freshly downed and busted open; quite a mess on the ground. I rubber banded 5 deep frames of brood comb and bees in a nuc box on the first evening and left it over night. I returned the next morning and the nuc was full and humming, so I looked further and found a small bunch of bees in a hollow smaller limb and bumped then into an empty deep. Luckily the queen was there and I caught her and placed her into the nuc, which within a short time got quieter, and I moved it home that evening. They performed many orientation flights, brought out trash, and drank sugar syrup and the left over honey. Today (day 3) they are almost silent, bringing out the trash, and flying pretty much normal. I opened it and eased up the outer 2 frames just to see, and it is quite full.

Here are my questions:
    1. Should I add another nuc on top ?
    I do have a little empty comb left from the cut out. I am wanting to prevent them from swarming/leaving, but do not want to make it too large to defend. I see some SHB's.

2. I am feedind sugar water on my porch about 75 yards away, should I continue?

3. Should I wait 7-10 days to go back in like I have read?
    I did see today that at least one outside comb fell and stuck to the side.

4. Should I re-orient it either now or when I go back in?
    I doubt the brood comb I put in favors a typical brood,pollen, honey orientation. (I tried but was busy/rookie)

These are my 1st bees, I have plenty of new quipment, 3 nucs coming at the end of April, helped on 2 cutouts,and have been researching for about a year, so I THINK I have a decent grasp on the basics.

Lastly, hello and thank you all. I am new here and have been researching beekeeping in advance of getting bees. Ya'll have been the best info I have found!

Default Re: After cut out detail questions

1. Should I add another nuc on top ?
    No they won't swarm
    Just wait a week or so to check on them
    Let them settle

Yes you can continue feeding in that manner

Nice job finding the queen

Welcome to Beesource!

> I did see today that at least one outside comb fell and stuck to the side.

If you don't deal with this unattached comb, it soon will be attached, just not to a frame (at least not in a normal orientation). So its either fix it now or fix it later.
    Graham
    --- Victor Hugo - "Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education.

Thanks fellas. They seem to be doing fine. I'll check on em in a week or so.

Sounds like as if you have a good grasp of what is supposed to be done. Also sounds like you handled the scenario fine.
    Welcome to the addiction BTW.

Thanks for the kind words. I'll be neck deep soon. I am going to trap a few starts from a wall via Cleo Hogan style trap box I made and introduce queens. Then my nucs should be here. Then...........what addiction ?