Default latest spring in a while

I have been keeping track of the bloom dates every year since 2009 and this is the latest spring so far in terms of maple tree bloom in my area. Nothing coming in yet, which isn't surprising considering the temps have been firmly stuck in the 30's with the exception of one or two days higher. The extended forecast looks the same for the next week or two. John

Default Re: latest spring in a while

Normal is a wide range. It is certainly later than last year here but that was almost a lack of winter. The ground didn't even freeze. But it was froze this year from mid November til about ten days ago at my house. The bees have seen epochs of climatic variation come and go. Most of it warmer than now.

Same here in Kansas City no trees budding yet at all. Night time forecasted temps this week in the high 20's all week.

Glad to have a real winter this year.

Need a lot more moisture here, planted potatoes yesterday and the ground was just a little moist.

Don

-25C the last two mornings, won't be planting patatoes until late May but this weekend I couldn't resist buying some melon seeds to start in April. Two more days till spring!