Thread: Hi from Indiana

Default Hi from Indiana

Hi, I am Randy from west central Indiana . I am near Turkey Run State Park . I have 26 hives and hope to run a side liner operation with in the next few years . I have read some great things on this web site and am glad to be able to go somewhere to ask questions and get opinions on bee keeping .One thing I have learned is ask 6 beekeepers a question and you will probably get 7 different answers that just keeps it interesting to me.
    I love hunting,fishing,boating, grandkids,bees, and God . I run a amish taxi hauling service for a living until I get this bee operation going full swing . Hello to all and I hope all your hives are full of bees and honey this year.

buzzzz

Default Re: Hi from Indiana

Welcome to the forum.

Welcome to Beesource!

> I run a amish taxi hauling service

OK, I can't resist asking.
    You haul Amish taxis? Are those horses?

Or, if you run a taxi service and have some Amish customers, how is that different from a "normal" taxi?
    Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

I believe he is talking about providing driving services to the Amish. Some can't own or operate a car but can ride into one. I've seen them used to get to and from manufacturing jobs. Anyway, welcome BUZZZZ!

I drive amish all over the US in a 15 passenger van, sometimes I have hauled there horses behinde the van in a trailer . All of my customers are amish and beleave me its not normal.

Hello and Welcome!

Are you involved with the Sugar Creek Beekeeping club? Some great beekeepers in that club -good place to get connected to nearby beeks:
    http://www.in.gov/dnr/entomolo/files...eper_assoc.pdf

Another good place to make connections is the State Association. We'll be having our summer meeting at the Purdue bee yards on June 22nd. That's always a fun meeting with lots of hands-on activities.

Welcome to the site!

Hi, I am a member of the IBA. I have tryed to call sugar creek many times but can not get anyone to pick up the phone. I just went to IBA`S bee school thats the third year i`ve went to it . I haul some amish beeks over every year. I am planing to go to purdue to a 3 day queen rearing class but I do not remember the date off the top of my head. Thanks

Welcome Randy!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com