Default LOOK: after split orientation flight and a queenless hive

Made a hive split yesterday. Got stung 4 times. Ugh, no big deal all healed already.
    One hive is queenless now. What goes on the outside http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=v1pLI6O_TmU is very different from the inside
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9Hq6UiDw60w

Can you tell the difference between them without reading the description area? Hint: Very jumpy bees!

Here is when you are wondering what is an orientation flight versus a robbing hive looks like. Peace and quiet, eh?
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1Xq1l...ature=youtu.be

Default Re: LOOK: after split orientation flight and a queenless hive

First video sounded like a really big drone hovering

Angry Re: LOOK: after split orientation flight and a queenless hive

Thanks, Ken. That is what I am missing. A drone hovering sound. My hives don't have the drones yet. They are 3x more jumpy today than yesterday. I will not go close to them seeing this situation. Wonder if they would every calm down or when.
    Yep, lots of confusing, conflicting issues on a hive split for the bees. I did not move the original hive so all the old foragers drifted back to their old home yesterday. Luckily, the young foragers took over today. I'm doing the OTS cell notch today on 4 different spots on the frame. My queen supplier ditched me today. Trying to order a Cordovan queen if I'm lucky enough to get one this early. Cool for a drone sound! One day my learning will be complete. Do you have a drone hovering sound to play here too?

You should have queen cells started by now assuming they had 4 day old and younger eggs to work with. They should start settling down soon.

Should be drones around Fin, I saw a few in one hive and drones being raised in my strongest

You are correct, Ross. Yesterday I did a hive check on my original hive. There are some eggs still not hatched yet so I did a OTS notch on 4 different areas to open up the spots. Hopefully they will draw out to make more queen cells. But this is a plastic foundation frame so not sure how to cut out the cells later on. Maybe I should put some plastic queen cell protector inside in case they hatch out too early. Then I found an old cell they try to develop into a queen cell all by itself. The opening at the top is bigger than the rest of the normal cells. If this one is successful then I will have more queen cells. This one is earlier than the ones I notched by 2 days. So I think I'm safe now.
    But the newly split hive lost lots forager bees, 100% more. I would like to increase more bees on the newly split hive. How do I do that? Is moving the split hive back to the original hive position the only way? Or I waited for the new queen cells to seal first? I think by then the newly split hive should be self sufficient. The only way is to buy a frame of newly hatched young bees to put in the new split hive I can think of. Hard to find the bees now for cheap. I'm going to catch a swarm this week, hopefully.