Big Bee Buzz 2013
Is anybody headed to the Big Bee Buzz 2013 in Tulsa this year?
Heap good stuff for treatment-free beekeepers this year. Michael Bush, Sam Comfort, and Ed Levi headlining. I'll be there as well, in an unofficial capacity of course if you'd like to meet and/or talk to me. I went last year and live blogged the whole thing. It was loads of fun, learned a lot, and got to hang out with some quality beekeepers. I hope to do the same thing again this year.
See you there.
Big Bee Buzz 2013
The 2013 NEOBA Big Bee Buzz is coming and online registration is now available! It will be held March 22nd and 23rd, at Eastside Christian Church. NEOBA presents this seminar every year as part of our mission to educate folks in this region about beekeeping. We always have visitors from other states, and we present speakers who are worth traveling to see.
Nearly all of the presentations, whether or not strictly about chemical-free methods, will focus on practical aspects of beekeeping, such as hive management. Our speakers will focus on beekeeping without the use of chemicals. Even if you are a beekeeper who treats your bees, there will be plenty of information that will apply to you.
- When: Starts at 5:30PM on Friday, March 22nd, wrapping up around 9:00PM, then starting up again at 8:45AM on Saturday, March 23rd, finishing up by 4:00PM.
- Where: Eastside Christian Church (1438 S Indianapolis Ave, Tulsa 74112) in the fellowship hall.
- Cost: $30 Pay online through PayPal using the link below: (http://neoba.org/big-bee-buzz-2013/)
- Food: Dinner on Friday night and lunch on Saturday will be provided.
Conference Guest Speakers
- Michael Bush An accomplished beekeeper, queen raiser, and author from Nebraska.
- Sam Comfort A commercial beekeeper based on New York and the East Coast, who is chemical free and employs top bar hives.
- Ed Levi Ed is a former bee inspector for Arkansas, world traveler, chemical free beekeeper, and long-time friend and mentor to NEOBA. He will probably give us an update on his work with beekeepers overseas, including recent travels in North Africa.
(subject to change)
Friday, March 22nd
- 5:30PM Registration
- 6:00PM Ed Levi, How I Dont Medicate My Bees
- 6:45PM Dinner
- 7:30PM Michael Bush, Lazy Beekeeping
- 8:15PM Sam Comfort, Alternative Hives for Alternative Minds Bringing the Means of Production Back to the Beekeeper
- 9:00PM Adjourn
Saturday, March 23rd
- 8:45AM Registration
- 9:15AM Don Molnar (Oklahoma Apiary Inspector), Oklahoma Beekeeping Update
- 9:30AM - Ed Levi, The Bee Informed Partnership
- 9:45AM Michael Bush, Four Simple Steps to Better Beekeeping
- 10:45AM Break
- 11:00AM Sam Comfort, Swarm the State: the Creation of Anarchy Apiaries
- 12:00PM Catered Lunch/Socialize
- 1:15PM Michael Bush, Natural Comb and the Importance Of Cell Size
- 2:15PM Break
- 2:30PM Ed Levi, Continuing Beekeeping Travels With Ed
- 3:15PM All Speakers, Panel Discussion
- 3:45PM Auction and Raffle
- 4:00PM Adjourn