Default Pseudo Queen with QMP (Queen Mandibular Pheromone)

I wanted to know what kind of experience other breeders have had with Pseudo Queen with QMP (Queen Mandibular Pheromone). Has anyone tried it with breeders when prior to grafting to get nice sheets of graftable material all of the same age? Thanks

Default Re: Pseudo Queen with QMP (Queen Mandibular Pheromone)

I don't see that it has any use as far as getting all the same age larvae. It is somewhat useful to anchor bees to a mating nuc, but I'm still not sure that it doesn't confuse them a lot as well. It works great as swarm lure especially when you're trying to lure a swarm out of a tree into a box.

How would you use it to get same age larvae? Are you having problems getting same age larvae?
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Default Re: Pseudo Queen with QMP (Queen Mandibular Pheromone)

Micheal thanks for your response. After more research plus reading your comments the QMP doesn't have the stimulative effect that I thought it would. After initially reading Mann Lake's comments about the product it sounded like it could be pretty stimulative but that turns out to not be the case. It would be nice to be able to CONSISTENTLY be able to get 1000 grafts off of one frame of one breeder per day; but this will not do that.