Hybrid View

Default Show us your brood!

Spring is upon us.....
    I’ve had a few afternoons that were in the fifties and could open a hive or two. I’ve been seeing some good looking brood but never seem to have a camera…I turned my smartphone in for a dumb one and don’t have any easy way to upload from the new one.
    Anyway….I had a camera today and took a pic of one frame of brood.
    They’re ready to boom.

Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Default Re: Show us your brood!

Looks very nice!

nice pattern dan, you can be proud of that queen. your bees look a lot like mine, what's their genetic background?
    journaling the growth of a treatment free apiary started in 2010. 20+/- hives

sp….my bees don’t really have any pedigree. I’ve brought pretty much everything into my yards over the years. They’re mongrels. A number of them are clearly of Italian descent. They overwintered with huge clusters and have exploded with monstrous populations by late February. I will have to begin splitting in earnest VERY soon.
    I hope yours are doing as well.
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Nice Dan, happy splitting.
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

Thanks Keith. I know mine aren't in a league with yours....as us little guys on the other coast must make do without nutra bee....