Default are ML, Brushy mountain, and B and B 8 frame pieces interchangeable?

To get the best prices, I was going to order my telescoping tops and unassembled medium supers from ML, my IPM bottom from Brushy mountain and my medium frames from B& B honey farm as they are half the cost of unassembled top and bottom Grooved as they are from ML or Brushy Mountain. But this inexperienced person does not know if all 8 frame equipment is interchangeable? The frames are all of supposedly equal grade.
    Thank you

Default Re: are ML, Brushy mountain, and B and B 8 frame pieces interchangeable?

and if I'm wrong and ML has 8 frame IPM bottom, just correct me - I've looked all over the site.

Default Re: are ML, Brushy mountain, and B and B 8 frame pieces interchangeable?

shipping can cost as much as the woodware. ML is free shipping over 100.00

Yes, that is very true, but the frame from B&B is only .89c and from ML each is $1.50. They gave me the quote on shipping which is only $19, so a savings of $46 even with the shipping cost. They also sell the wax foundation for .30c per sheet less than ML.

ML = 14" wide
    Brushy mountain = 13 3/4" wide
    B and B = 14" wide
    Miller Bee Supply = 13 3/4" wide
    Western Bee Supply = whatever you want

That comes to 1/8" on each side. You can stack boxes of both sides on top of each other with no ill effects...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Hmm, are all these numbers at the websites and I missed them, or do you know absolutely everything? *G* (I do a lot of reading at your site and am a fan

Beeculture published a study detailing the size differences between different manufacturers/vendors of hive bodies. The study is here:
    http://www.beeculture.com/content/BeeSpaceArticle.pdf

There was an earlier discussion of this topic,
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...upply-question
    which is where Jim 134 originally posted a link to the Beeculture document.
    -- Victor Hugo -- "Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education.

Can I give you the title, "Beesource Archiver"?
    Regards, Barry

Well, my personal RAM only goes back to November 2011, at least in terms of Beesource, so that archive is somewhat limited.

I have to use Google for everything else. And sometimes I am floored by threads that I come across by accident. And now I can't find the one I wanted to use to illustrate that ...

It was a proposed list of what forum titles were appropriate for members, based on their respective post count. Obviously, that concept went by the wayside.
    -- Victor Hugo -- "Common sense is in spite of, not the result of, education.

Regards, Barry

>Hmm, are all these numbers at the websites and I missed them, or do you know absolutely everything?

I have bought from several of them and seen the sizes in the catalogs of others. Betterbee and Mann Lake used to have the size listed somewhere in their catalog when they first put them in the catalog. I don't know, but strongly suspect, that Ross has 13 3/4" boxes, because that is the standard in that part of the country, and I can't say what any of the many other small manufacturers are selling. I think that Walter T. Kelley has 13 3/4" boxes, but again, I have not verified that and am assuming based on the area of the country and the standards for that area...

Yes, those are all off the top of my head without looking them up. I have a very good memory. I would never have the time to research all of these kinds of things every time they come up...
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF