Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Newbie excitement

3K views 8 replies 8 participants last post by  ramdino 
#1 ·
Sorry for the excitement but had to share. I moved a hive that had a swarm in it that someone gave me last night. went to check on them today. A few workers flying around, aw one that had the pretty yellow orange pollen bags full. First time I have seen that on my own hive. It was way cool.:D

#5 ·
There's MORE good news, RAMDINO... That geeked up excitement about your bees doesn't go away :cool:
I was standing outside this afternoon watching the blanket of snow melt off of my hives, and was extremely excited to see some of my girls take a cleansing flight even with temps in the mid 30's. When I start seeing pollen I'll REALLY be a happy camper :D

#6 ·
Better watch out bees can be highly additive i know i'll never be the same every day i think bees. Crazy i got 4 years under my belt and theres alot of realy cool things that come along withbeekeeping one of my favorite things is seeing my home grown queens what a great feeling to make your own queen and thats just one there so many more.Hang on it's a great ride.:)

#7 ·
Good job, ramdino. You'll see many more things that will excite you. Just wait until the first time you see one of your girls doing a bee dance on a frame that you are holding.

The maples will be blooming within the next few weeks here in NE PA. I had girls bringing pollen back to the hives almost until December this past year.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.