Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Neighbor Issues

Default Re: Neighbor Issues

Eddie, that was my first thought.
    Along with it is the issue that if your hives are legal to have then your neighbor can just get over it. I don't do the I am making anyone anything. I am keeping bees. if they get pissed then that is their doing not mine. My neighbors mow there lawn every Saturday morning. that annoys the tar out of me. I spend all weak listing to motors and engines running. I don't want my weekend to great me with it. but that is my reaction and not the problem of my neighbors. I don't have the power to make anyone anything. If I could I would just make them a millionaire and they could move away. So the idea that I make anyone anything I don't agree with.

I am now up to 5 hives in my back yard. and I live in town. I am at the point that I say it is time to move some. I am not unreasonable or I would think that maybe I do need to make some adjustments. If my neighbors approached me I would agree there is a problem at this point. I would not agree that I cannot have any hives. but 5 is to many for a small back yard. I tolerate there occasional party but if the started having them every weekend I wouldn't/. So I would say that if you are squared away in your thinking of what is reasonable. let your neighbor have his own ordeal with that issue and you just keep keeping bees. You didn't make him mad. he chooses to be mad. and you can't make him happy either. So do what does work.
    Stand for what you believe, even if you stand alone.

Quote Originally Posted by deknow View Post
    -snip- When the neighbor complains about your bees on his weeds, you show him that all of the equipment is empty...and that the bees he is seeing are not yours.

deknow
    You must be a frustrated actor...but the idea might have a place.
    LeeB
    I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up :)

You mentioned water sources Paul. I have placed boardman feeders at the entrance with water in it. It works okay unless it gets too warm in the sun.
    LeeB
    I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up :)

Quote Originally Posted by Eddie Honey View Post
    Prove they are your bees and not some feral hive in the area.
    well I concur....but reality is that he's 50 feet off the hives...he didn't have them before so I get the blame....now reality is that I am sure that I lost a swarm to the woods behind my house too so I move the hives and he's still got two dozen bees (which anyone wouldn't admit too). Reality is with his garbage they are going to attract my bees.....now I have listened to the conversations here and I am looking at this as an opportunity; I had to open some room in the hives today; I am going to try to move my splits to the proposed new bee yard; and see how it goes; if I loose the splits I am not going to care much; if they go well; I'll start hives at the new yard with them; and as I go through the next month of swarm season; I'll try working my swarms in the new beeyard. thanks; I have enjoyed the conversation. Again any suggestions on abating his problem is appreciated....

I keep syrup or water on the hives continually depending on the time of year; I have birdbaths on each property line; my neighbor who likes the bees has a pond....I try to be responsible.....

When things turn ugly put game cameras, with infrared flashes, up just in case your colonies have a sudden die off.
    Dan Hayden 4 Years. 12 hives. Tx Free. USDA Zone 5b.