Default Almond Bloom Conditions?

I sent a half load of bees around Fresno area helping a friend cover his contract. Can anyone tell me how the bloom is progressing? I was told 3 days ago the bloom is 20% open.Do the bees appear to be bringing in any nectar? I sent the hives with a solid deep brood chamber and 3-4 frames of honey in the shallow. The broker says the bees are doing OKAY.... but no word other than that... Any input??

-Keith Seifert

Default Re: Almond Bloom Conditions?

Bloom is in full swing - good weather and lots of nectar and pollen !

http://www.bluediamond.com/applicati....cfm?navid=101

Quote Originally Posted by Almondralf View Post
    Bloom is in full swing - good weather and lots of nectar and pollen !

http://www.bluediamond.com/applicati....cfm?navid=101
    Agreed. Just went around snagging our breeders for this year. The nasty wind of the last few days has subsided and the pleasant smell of pollen and drying nectar is definitely in the air. This afternoon it was warm enough where the bees were outside the boxes like they need more space. Everything is opened up (father north in my area) except the Buttes. Sunday will be the peak bloom for 2013 at our place. Our Winters are leafing out and the Non Pariels will be there by Sunday if not Tomorrow. THE Early blooming wild trees started dropping petals today.

The way the bees have been working and the number of flowers on the trees this year I think this is going to be a bumper crop year for the Almonds (at this stage.)

Yep, i would say full bloom, petal fall starting on the wild stuff, high 60's in Yolo country, nice day. Peaches and necs are just starting to open a few flowers, cherries in a few weeks.

Great day today in the Chico area. In the 70s , no wind, full bloom, and bees were going nuts.Looks good for the growers and the bees .

Quote Originally Posted by loggermike View Post
    Great day today in the Chico area. In the 70s , no wind, full bloom, and bees were going nuts.Looks good for the growers and the bees .
    Kind of nice when they like that fresh black olive juice isn't it Logger?

If yesterday and today don't make the 2013 top 10 list for "productive hours on the wing" for Nor Cal I will be very shocked? We grafted today and the breeders where flying like they were having a perpetual toga party. Smokin like you only see a few days a year at best. !!!!!