Default Alright, I'll just say it.... Anybody ever seen a bigfoot?

I've had the flue so I've been trapped in the house a little too long so I was watching "Finding Bigfoot" on TV late one night and I thought I would look up their websight and see what was on it. There is a link on their page where you can go to any state and they have any reports that were made there listed. So I punch in Ky and much to my surprise there was a sighting a couple of years ago less than a mile in front of my house. There were several others within 10 miles. Now every time my dogs are out in the dark barking I have been telling my wife that they found bigfoot out there. Now if you seen me running around the neighborhood sans clothing(which you wont) I wouldnt be surprised if there was a sighting or two(over 300 pounds, size 15 shoes, lots of back hair) Anybody else see anything out there?

Default Re: Alright, I'll just say it.... Anybody ever seen a bigfoot?

Here's the deal on Bigfoot. Turns out the reason all the pictures and videos of him (her?, it?) are blurry is because Bigfoot is, in reality, blurry and the pictures are actually clear.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I am, in reality a little bit blurry too! I just found it pretty amusing that there were so many sightings near my house. I guess I take pretty much everything with a grain of salt. In my experience, you really never know what might turn up when your outdoors and you never know what your perception of something might be till its right in front of you. I remember the first time I ever saw a manatee, I was fishing on Lake Okechobee in Florida and this massive thing just surfaced behind the boat and if I hadnt been with a guy who lived there I might have been a little freaked about what I saw until someone explained it. Now I'm not a very sheltered guy, in fact I'm just the opposite. I've seen a little of everything and most of it I could explain away but every once in a while something just makes you go "what the heck was that" I remember back in the 80's maybe the early 90's when one of the space stations fell out of orbit I was standing around with some buddies drinking a beer and all of the sudden it just looks like a burning school bus flies across the sky. I just looked at my friends and said "did you guys see that too?" and I was a little relieved that they had. Once when my son was young we were riding a four wheeler across my sisters farm in Ky and saw this huge cat take off across an open field. Now I've been camping and hunting since I was in single digits and I had never seen a cat like that or that big and I certainly knew it wasnt from around here so I called the fish and wildlife people and said I'm going to describe something I saw and then you tell me what it was. When I got done describing it the guy said that it was a mountain lion and they were not indigenous to this region (which I already knew) but he continued with "the last time we got a call on one it was in downtown Harrodsburgh Ky and when we got there to investigate,there it was" They didnt know how it got there and they dont know where it went but it was there. Over the next 5 years about 4 other people saw this cat on her farm but we havnt seen it in the last 10 years. I hope if there is a bigfoot down the road, that he will trip through my yard one day. Prefferably when I'm standing there with some friends so I can say "did you guys see that too!"

I saw bigfoot once standing in front of a Jack Link's van with a stick of jerky in his hand.

Some of my favorite commercials.

Everyday I see at least one bigfoot. most of the time I see two. The sightings seem to coincide with me putting om my size 14 shoes. Sometimes s the sightings occur earlier in the morning.

Quote Originally Posted by tsmullins View Post
    Everyday I see at least one bigfoot. most of the time I see two. The sightings seem to coincide with me putting om my size 14 shoes. Sometimes s the sightings occur earlier in the morning.

tsmullins... that was great!

They say there is a bigfoot around here.
    The county even named a road after it, Booger Holler. LOL
    I don't know if they do exist...
    but I have seen a mountain lion & a scorpion around here with my own eyes, while all the experts say they are not indigenous to this region.

Quote Originally Posted by tsmullins View Post
    I wore size 14 shoes in the 7th grade, My first year in college I started having foot problems and the doctor told me my shoes were too tight so I had to go up to 15's

There actually is a type of scorpion that is native to Kentucky but they are fairly small, not like the ones out west.

Size 14 - you could keep a hive of bees in those boats- kind of like a log gum. I have a 22 year old son with size 12 feet - does that count? He's a 1st degree brown in Washin Ryu and when he gets to swingin those boats around it's kind of like someone swinging a mace. I'm avoiding the web site with the posted sightings. I live in bear central so I prefer not to have any new thrills doing the 25 yard pitch black dash from the house to the honey house and back late at night to turn off all the lights that same son left on, I'm running out of underwear. Why is it they can learn 27 cata's and get a brown belt but they can't turn off the lights?

'Cuz they're not the ones that have to get out of bed and run to the honey house in their bvd's to turn 'em off.

At least, that's the way it was with my kids.
    Dunno how it is up Rorick Hollow

I took a cryptozoology (study of the hidden or unknown) class at my school. The keystone was going hunting for bigfoot in a hotspot here in ohio. We were did calls and something made a noise back that just shook the ground.

We also found some prints. We later went back to cast them, but made the mistake of taking enough cast for a human print, as we had practiced back at school. The foot was so large the cast cracked in half. This is the same amount of plaster stuff we used for my 13 4E feet to practice. The next day as we were leaving we found a trail of prints with broken sapplings. BIG prints.
    Chris Cree
    Cree's Bees

Thats pretty interesting. when you get out of Columbus a few miles it gets rural pretty quick. I have been in a lot of remote locations over the years either hunting or fishing or camping and backpacking with the Boy Scouts(my sons an eagle scout) and I have heard some pretty strange noises out in the wild that I couldnt explain. One in particular was in South Carolina,we were out in the swamp bass fishing when we heard this horrendous scream and we were miles from anywhere that was inhabited. I looked at my uncle who lived in the area and he just shrugged his shoulders and said you probably dont want to know what it is. One of the things I thought was interesting on the BFRO websight was they were showing where saplings are bent across each other to form an X or three or four would be bent down and hooked together. I've witnessed this many times while out deer hunting or just hiking and remember wondering to myself "what would cause these trees to get into this tangled position?" They were also showing where rocks would be stacked or laid out which I have seen before also.My area is mostly heavily wooded and unless your in a valley where a creek bed is or you can find a muddy area around a pond you probably wouldnt find any prints. I'm always on the lookout for any kind of prints to identify. I used to point them out to the younger scouts and teach them the difference between the tracks. Never know what youll trip across.

I've hunted and fished all over the mountains of WNC. Ventured out to a few other states like NY,Mi, Co, Wy, Id, Ca, SC, Ga. Stacking rocks and crossing or twisting limbs was just a way of marking trails into the unknown. I've been disappointed to never see anything extraordinary other than the beauty of where I was. Never a BF, UFO or ghost. Amazing to me that since the invention of the camera and technology of today and all the people that are out in the wild that no pictures of certainty have ever been produced. Even with so many people actively searching.

I've seen bear and big cats, snakes of all kinds and all in close proximity. But to date, the scariest thing I've ever seen is still my ex-wife.
    "Success is not final, failure is not fatal: it is the courage to continue that counts." Winston Churchill

Never had an ex wife and hope I never do. I've never seen a UFO but some mornings when I wake up I would swear some alien has been probing me all night.(and not like your thinking!) I have had experience with ghosts but I guess thats another thread altogether. I do believe there is a lot out in the wild that goes unseen or just un-noticed just because people are too busy to look. They are just now starting to produce pictures of giant squid even though I have been hearing about them my whole life.The world is a big ol place when something wants to be lost.

Bobcat Goldthwait made a Bigfoot movie, and I kind of want to see it!!
    Normally I don’t like a lot of the found footage horror flick. But then I found out that Bobcat Goldthwait directed this film, Made me wonder how good it might be… looks like its gona be a good one.

Link to Trailer