Hybrid View

Default Newbie in southeast Nebraska

Hello beekeepers! My family recently moved onto a 10 acre homestead in southeast Nebraska. We'd like to make this land work for us, and we're going to try something new every year. This year it's bees and we're excited! Our first package of bees will be ready in the first week of April. We're attending a workshop given by the University to get us started. We'll start building the hive soon. These forums look like a great resource. We expect to learn a lot and enjoy God's creation.

Default Re: Newbie in southeast Nebraska

Welcome to the site!

Welcome CC!
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

You should come over to visit sometime. My old house, that I'm still moving out of is south of Greenwood (just west of Murdock) and my new house is in Nehawka (just east of Murdock).
    Michael Bush bushfarms.com/bees.htm "Everything works if you let it." ThePracticalBeekeeper.com 40y 200h 37yTF

Welcome, from another newbee

Quote Originally Posted by Michael Bush View Post
    You should come over to visit sometime. My old house, that I'm still moving out of is south of Greenwood (just west of Murdock) and my new house is in Nehawka (just east of Murdock).
    Michael, I'd love to come by and soak up some knowledge, too! Alabama isn't too far away for a little visit, is it?

Welcome Neighbor,

I live just across the Mighty MO. If you'd like to check out a vertical top bar hive, come on over.

p.s. Since you plan on homesteading, you might want to check this link out also: http://backtoedenfilm.com/
    Last edited by Bubbles; 02-26-2013 at 11:00 AM. Reason: Added more info.

I will definately take you up on it! After it warms up a bit. Any and all help is welcome.

Hi Michael, my son and I would love to meet you as well. We started beekeeping last Spring. He was a 2012 NE beekeeeper association youth scholarship recipient. We been enjoying the hobby together!

Welcome to Nebraska! We are in Lincoln, having fun managing swarms in neighborhood and educating as many people as we can in town. The hobby really brought us back to nature, fun to spend time outside and meet new people.