Default Disturbing Actions in Bee Culture Magazine

I was disturbed when reading this month's Bee Culture magazine. It appears that someone took it upon him/herself to modify a research paper to fit someone's own personal feelings about chemical control of varroa. More specifically, in a letter to the editor "Correction to CAP", the authors of the CAP publication were miffed that directly under the title of their paper, someone (Bee Culture??) inserted the text "Chemicals are not the answer and here's why", giving the impression that the opinions of the authors were against chemical treatments of beehives. This is very disturbing! Not what you would expect out of a respected publication . . .
    Last edited by c10250; 02-26-2013 at 08:40 AM.

Default Re: Disturbing Actions in Bee Culture Magazine

I noticed that. Often in letters to the Editor, Kim inserts a brief comment/reply at the bottom, but this letter was published without comment.

Like any publication or media outlet, they have a point of view, a lens through which they view things. Bee Culture seems to lean towards the Environmentalist world view. They got caught. I am surprised to not have seen a mea culpa, though.

i think bee culture has a target audience of those who don't have much experieince. Not much there but adds for anyone else. Vote with your feet.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance G View Post
    i think bee culture has a target audience of those who don't have much experieince. Not much there but adds for anyone else. Vote with your feet.
    thats funny I find the exact reverse, I only buy ABJ to get randy olivers articles and very seldom find anything else worth reading. oh well
    mike syracuse ny
    I went to bed mean, and woke up meaner. Marshal Dillon