Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Hive Tracks is still churning

Its been a long time since my last post. I wanted to let intrested folks know that we are still out there and working to get all of your ideas and requests included. We hope to have a big push for new features this spring. If there is something you woud like to see added to Hive Tracks, let us know.
    Mark Henson
    Founder of Hive Tracks

Default Re: Hive Tracks is still churning

I was thinking how nice it would be if Hive Tracks was compatible with a palletized operation. A little more diversity in hive components would be good. No other complaints, I love it! Thanks!

Quote Originally Posted by westernbeekeeper View Post
    I was thinking how nice it would be if Hive Tracks was compatible with a palletized operation. A little more diversity in hive components would be good. No other complaints, I love it! Thanks!
    Thanks for the response. As I mentioned we are planning a new and far more feature rich Hive Tracks. Larger operations are going to be part of the planning so palets are on the to-do list. In fact the whole subject of large scale management of colonies, equipment and tracking those things is on the plate for discussion. I will be sure to post back here as the close in on those features. Thanks again for using Hive Tracks!
    Mark Henson
    Founder of Hive Tracks

I wish there was a nuc box in the hive builder.

great service.

I gave Hive Tracks a fair trial last year but got frustrated with the time it took to enter information (click around and wait for screens to load)(..and no interest in spending the money for smart phone with only 100 hives). It would be nice to have a sleek stripped down version were you can quickly enter information for a yard based on notes taken. Like a direct entry into the database that backs up the pretty front end.

Quote Originally Posted by Lazy W View Post
    I wish there was a nuc box in the hive builder.
    Yes, please do.

I am new to hivetracks, is there a means to transfer hives from one yard to another in the program? If so please share!

+1 on NUC in the hive builder
    My wife says I have ADD, but, hey look- a chicken!

Some queen-rearing options would be nice as well, but it is really cool already, and free, so I am embarrassed to ask for more.

You can check the hive, cut it, then switch to the other yard and paste it.

Yes, you can easily transfer hives between yards. ts a cut, copy and paste... see the "Help" link on home page then look for "Move Hives"
    Mark Henson
    Founder of Hive Tracks

We hear ya on the quicker more direct way to work. We're planning the third release of Hive Tracks now to include something along those lines. Could you give me an example of what you would like to see? Maybe a spreadsheet where you enter all the notes (or upload them) then save it all at one time? Is there some other app or service (not necessarily relate to beekeeping) where they do a good job of this? I want to get this right the first time and only do the work if the result is truly useful. Thanks for the feedback!!
    Mark Henson
    Founder of Hive Tracks

NUCs are the number one request and I'm adding them as we speak!!! (Finally)
    Mark Henson
    Founder of Hive Tracks

I do use it, but should do reports more often. Thanks for the Android mobile update. It would be nice to attach a photo directly from a phone or tablet (Android) while at the hive. On adding the NUC I am interested in trying some recently added plans for 8 frame med. super frame NUCs (DCoats plan updates in another thread), so having the NUC configurable would be nice.
    Thanks for a very useful application and the support to maintain it!

Update: I just did some inspection reports and ran across some equipment items I would like to see added:
    Foundationless frames
    Mouse guard
    Freeman oil traps
    Last edited by mmmooretx; 02-25-2013 at 08:26 AM.
    Mike
    N5RWH - 9a

When you define a queen for the hive it would be nice to be able to pick the queen mother. Then it may be possible to draw the family tree for queens in the future.

One way to support nucs and 8-frame is to use the Tags field when defining the hive. I use this field to describe the brood boxes. For instance, when the yard is listed it looks something like this:

Hive #1
    (10-Deep)

Hive #2
    (8-Medium)

Hive #3
    (5-Deep)

Hive #4
    (5-Medium)

When was the last update and what was added I like this program would like to see queen mother added as well I will be making a donation for the great work thanks

Hive Tracks has just rolled out a complete overhaul. The new website is sleek, appealing, functional, intuitive, and any other 10-dollar synonym you can think of for "awesome". Check it out, for real.
    Beeless since 2012; coming back in 2014. Suffering from apicultural withdrawal!

New roll-out since you posted? Because I was just there (15 minutes ago) and it doesn't seem fully functional, yet. It seems like promising idea, though.

Enj.

Very nice site, I just discovered it based off this thread. That said, besides nucs, I know a few of us use top entrances, any plans to add those down the line?

Quote Originally Posted by enjambres View Post
    New roll-out since you posted? Because I was just there (15 minutes ago) and it doesn't seem fully functional, yet. It seems like promising idea, though.

Enj.
    It seems to be working fine to me...?
    Beeless since 2012; coming back in 2014. Suffering from apicultural withdrawal!