Default drawn comb that got moldy

I had some hive bodies that I pulled and left frames in and sat vertical some of the combs got moldy, some of them I think I'll have to toss, but other only partly I was thinking just cut those parts out. They were good combs kick my self for not getting the frames put up but just got caught up in things, so what do you think if slightly moldy or mildew I guess you would say; cut that out or would they clean it would be for brood and not honey.

Default Re: drawn comb that got moldy

Leave them out in the sun for a while and reuse them. The bees will clean them up. No big deal.
    President, San Francisco Beekeepers Association
    www.habitatforhoneybees.org

I found a couple of my hives with moldy lower boxes. While fretting over a solution, the girls took care of it during spring cleaning like it never happened.

good deal sounds good If we can just get some dry weather here in north GA I'll be good.

Put the frames in a strong hive and in a week or two you'll not be able to tell them from any other frame - bees are amazing at what they do. I'm always amazed when some swarm moves into some ratty, moldy, moth eaten comb in a box in the repair yard and in a couple of weeks make it look like new equipment.

Yep I'm going to start adding it to some hives for swarm prevention, just need the weather to clear up! Thanks folks.