Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast

Default Re: Robert Russell Apiaries - Update

Hmmmm. Interesting read. I was in the process of putting in an order for sk queens and something happened with one of my young children so I didn't get a chance to for several days. By then all hell was breaking loose and I backed out. Seems I dodged a bullet. edit: darn shame. I still dream of such a bee as the sk/skc was touted to be.

Edi
    Last edited by southfork; 04-24-2013 at 09:17 AM. Reason: forgot

I had ordered one nuc in 2011, never received it and never heard back from my many inquires to RA. Now I have received a letter from a bankruptcy service that noted that I do not have the right to demand reimbursement from Russell Apiaries. I thought you folks may be interested in this news.

He's filed for bankruptcy, which puts him under the protection of the bankruptcy court. Which is to say that you get in line with the rest of the people he owes money to. The courts will decide who--if anyone--gets paid. That always seems to mean that the banks get theirs first (if there is anything to "get") and everyone else gets to whistle "Dixie"!

Rusty

Quote Originally Posted by Rusty Hills Farm View Post
    He's filed for bankruptcy, which puts him under the protection of the bankruptcy court.

Rusty
    Which, as I understand it, means that you are (by law) not to contact them in any way in regards to collection or debt.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by Intheswamp View Post
    Which, as I understand it, means that you are (by law) not to contact them in any way in regards to collection or debt.

Ed
    Exactly.

Rusty

Err, not quite. Once you are informed as to the contact info for his bankruptcy attorney, that is who you must contact (and you cannot keep contacting the debtor directly).
    Unless there are really good books (which I doubt), the attorney responsible probably doesn't have a list of beekeepers that are owed anything.
    You have to contact the attorney if you even want to be on a list that might be compensated. Russell has to give you the information about the attorney.

deknow
    The irony is free. It's the sarcasm you are paying for....ironically.
    -Felicity Jones in "Chalet Girl"

Quote Originally Posted by deknow View Post
    Unless there are really good books (which I doubt), the attorney responsible probably doesn't have a list of beekeepers that are owed anything.
    The schedules listed most of his creditors fairly accurately from what I knew.

You have to contact the attorney if you even want to be on a list that might be compensated. Russell has to give you the information about the attorney.
    Not correct. If you received notice of the bankruptcy, you are listed as a creditor already. If the Trustee decides there are assets to liquidate, he will request that creditors file a Proof of Claim. Those that file a Proof of Claim will be paid, pro-rata, from the net proceeds from the sale of property.

If you did not receive notice of the bankruptcy, you were not listed as a creditor. You should contact the debtor's attorney and request to be added to the schedules (or contact the Trustee, although he won't do anything at the moment). If you didn't receive notice of the bankruptcy (either formally through the mail, or informally by reading this thread) you can still contact the debtor directly, but once you receive notice you must stop. Failure to do so is a violation of Federal law.

Thanks for clarifying some of the issues regarding contacting the debtor.

It doesn't hurt to put your name in the pot, but if there are secured creditors...don't hold your breath on getting any satisfaction as it will be a slim chance that you will get it.

Ed

Thanks for clarifying some of the issues regarding contacting the debtor.

It doesn't hurt to put your name in the pot, but if there are secured creditors...don't hold your breath on getting any satisfaction as it will be a slim chance that you will get it.

Ed
    One thing the letter mentioned is to not put a claim until I was instructed to do so. All I can do is be happy that it was only one nuc.

If you are listed in the bankruptcy, can't you then take a tax deduction from the IRS for the loss? So at least that would be one way for everyone to recoup a bit of the money lost.

Rusty

why not hit him another way. Since you most likely will not recieve a penny in the bankruptcy, make the decision to write off the debt and have a 1099-C Cancellation of Debt issued. This is reported to the IRS as income and he is forced to file it as income. You will have to wait until after this is all done otherwise while it's in proceedings, he doesn't have to claim it as income.

Wisnewbee

Hmm, federal bankruptcy laws don't protect the debtor from this?

I guess it all depends on if you are named as a creditor or not in the bankruptcy.

No, it doesn't matter if you are named as a creditor in the bk. If you are reading this thread, you have received notice of the bk. You can't issue a 1099-C to someone who received a discharge of the debt.

Actually, I went through this with WorldCom who was one of my clients in a prior life. You have to contact the court and download a form called a "proof of claim" from the courts website. Complete it, send any proof you have and file it with the court. You may get something, but you will never be made whole. I wound up getting 20 cents on the dollar from my claim with WolrdCom. Also, always send an additional copy of the proof of claim and ask for a "file marked" return copy. Hope this helps.

Err, not quite. Once you are informed as to the contact info for his bankruptcy attorney, that is who you must contact (and you cannot keep contacting the debtor directly).

deknow

Quote Originally Posted by MTINAZ View Post
    I wanted to let everyone know some of the information that I discovered while trying to figure out who stole my hives. Robert Russell is running a big scam. He was going by the name Rob hughes on the phone and in person saying that rob hughes was Roberts employee and crew chief. He is very good at this and always referred to Robert as "Doc" in the third person. He even sent me PM's stating Rob was in Florida running their bees there and he was all over the country tending bees. I discovered this after the sheriffs office showed me a mug shot of Robert Russell and it was the same person I had been working with calling him self rob hughes. I personally do not believe he has more than a few hive and does not have all these different strains. Any strains he does have must of came from his fathers operation. The sheriff's office also told us he was charged in Philadelphia MS with taking someones money for bees and never delivering them. I believe most of the people working for him and running his "Russell apiaries family" sites also know all this. I would recommend anyone with orders with anyone associated with Robert Russell cancel them. The man is a dishonest crook. I speculate but have no proof that he was taking my bees all year long and selling them as nucs with phillip butts, one of his "employees"
    can you assist me with any contact info of a sheriffs office or what not to report that Robert Russell ripped me off too? because I was so nice to him he walked all over me and I am pretty sure if I stay quiet I will never get any retribution .

Default Re: Robert Russell is a fraud

Quote Originally Posted by NY_BLUES View Post
    Anyone that ordered queens from Russell Apiaries NY can contact me and I WILL refund any moneys paid. I feel terrible that any of this has happened. I am truely sorry, and I can say that I had NO idea of any of this when I associated my bee farm with RA. Anyone with orders for queens from Russell Apiaries NY will be receiving a full refund if they so choose.
    why don't you just send them their bees???? If they ordered from you and did not get bees, who is that on? The Arkansas/Missouri RA still is associated with him and ignored my calls until I tricked him using another number.. To me he has fleas too from not only laying with Russell apriares but also acting just like them with no communication and giving false hope. This whole thing is just wrong. I trust no one now. The saddest part I simply love the bees but no longer have any to tend which makes me a very angry woman.

Quote Originally Posted by beeG View Post
    can you assist me with any contact info of a sheriffs office or what not to report that Robert Russell ripped me off too?
    Attempting to collect on a debt once you've received notice (or taking action to enforce, improve your position, or otherwise reacting or retaliating) of the bankruptcy is a violation of federal law (11 U.S.C. Sec. 362), and punishable by sanctions. You can contact the trustee, you can contact the court, you can contact the attorney for the debtor, but I wouldn't suggest contacting anyone else.

Quote Originally Posted by Specialkayme View Post
    Attempting to collect on a debt once you've received notice (or taking action to enforce, improve your position, or otherwise reacting or retaliating) of the bankruptcy is a violation of federal law (11 U.S.C. Sec. 362), and punishable by sanctions. You can contact the trustee, you can contact the court, you can contact the attorney for the debtor, but I wouldn't suggest contacting anyone else.
    Special, if you really know any useful info...like names and addresses for such contacts..why don't you share that with her. You seen to have been on top of this RA scandal minute by minute. Who should she call?

Default Re: Robert Russell is a fraud

Quote Originally Posted by kincade View Post

I can't seem to find my last post on this in the Russell thread, but to reiterate my experience I ordered a single queen last spring to replace a bad queen in a package I had received. Queen was delayed in the MS post office for 3 days in the heat and did not lay for 3 weeks. After an email to 'victoria' RR sent another queen at no charge overnight USPS. I started the first queen on a nuc who started laying shortly thereafter (banked queen or just the heat?) and both hives did fairly well over the summer seem to be still alive (although it is still too cold here to do a full inspection). Had I thought my money was at risk or any shady business was occurring I would have ordered elsewhere. I can't figure out why he would fulfill mine and send a replacement at his cost yet take so many other's money without so much as a response. It's sad and infuriating.

Wow and my queens were purchased in 2011 a birthday present to myself. All I got was the run around, and I even went as far as defending them and alienating other bee keepers which were assumed to be crazy and lying according to those poising as, and representing RA. I even had one of his guys play against the other a philip was willing to send me queens I was reluctant because I already paid the year before but I needed queens really bad my hives were failing. They were not diseased state even analyzed some samples for me, they were free of mites and disease just bad genetics off an original bad genetic queen I purchased the year before. Well hugh emails me through that forum that philip was a scamster and was stealing queens from RA then selling them as his own. So I did not order them just sat and waited , then I see them chatting up like they were best buddies and business partners this is when I knew something was very wrong but it was much late in the season I went out on a limb and bought some carnies from Ca but not enough time to build and I lost all my hives over the winter. Then Victoria sends me an email that she spoke with RR and said He was going to have his Mo sub producer give me 2 nucs for my troubles which did not happen and Wont the guy told me he has to be paid. Then told me RA was in bankruptcy. He ignored my calls for weeks and emails I had to use another number to get him to answer. I do believe he is a scamster too I even asked him why he was still associated with RA

Page 20 of 21 FirstFirst ... 1018192021 LastLast