Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast

Default Re: Robert Russell is a fraud

I would trust more Uncle Sam than "El Señor Doctor Russellio"

I just hope that if he is going to pay, he isn't "robbing Peter to pay Paul." If he can pay, it will far better than any court ordered settlement with attorneys taking their 40 percent off the top.

It may be just a ruse to get people he owe to not take legal action.

Quote Originally Posted by MichaBees View Post
    I would trust more Uncle Sam than "El Señor Doctor Russellio"
    From what I now know of Russel it's about the same IMHO. I wouldn't trust either. I do TRULY hope that things work out for you all!!! I am thankful though that I found this thread. I was going to order from him possibly this spring / summer. I read a thread that possibly his father posted and there's some great info on queens. Here's the post for anyone that's interested. . .
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...o-great-queens

So I am truly sorry for all of you that have lost and hope you get some remuneration, but I also thank-you for talking about it and hopefully helping many others not to get in trouble.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    Sorry Sonnypemberton, but you probably need to really identify yourself as some of the other subs, what you're real operation is. Who you are, where you are. Also email to RussellApiariesal@gmail.. for questions vs. a phone number, address... Unfortunately you also don't mention anything about a refund, only about being able to fulfill previous orders. I would think you'd want your customers to have a choice whether they're supporting RA, you, or themselves..

Some of us have been taken to school on what we now look for in a provider. And Rusty Hills is right, anything that mentions RA or Sunkist in my mind is going into the trash.

And Alblancher, I believe that RA/RH " promised" to fill a number of queen and nuc orders?? He also "promised" to refund a number of orders.. Now, if he had done that, do you think we would all be here today?? But good luck, indeed your not in a strange situation, your in the same situation most of us are in... and when April, May, June comes let us know how it's going.
    Very sorry for any confusion, I had written that this was from the AL branch (NOT ME) but from their website where I had ordered queens. Apparently the copy/paste erased my intro. To clarify, I am in NO WAY affiliated with RA.

Sonnypemberton, I did try to clear that up in this post.
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...854#post900854

thank you sir!

Quick question for you all. . . It was pointed out to me that in the thread in my post above that this is the same guy that we are all talking about. (rrussell6870) So my question is regarding his dad. Is he still alive and on Beesource? I have several other questions, but perhaps it's not my place to ask. Questions just out of curiosity.

Ask away if you wish or pm someone if you feel better about it. The fellow we are talking about is the son. Daddy developed Sunkist and I believe Moonbeam. He was very well respected and from all accounts treated his customers well. That is one of the reasons this mess got so out of hand, everyone thought nothing would change at Russel Apiaries.

Delber, all the posting on this forum was by Robert Russell, the person being described here. His Father passed away in the Fall of 2011 I think.

Johnny
    "Suppose you were an idiot and suppose you were a member of Congress. But I repeat myself." - Mark Twain

SippyBees said "... I think many of us here would like to know what convinced people... "

This is just my 2 cent's so take it for whats its worth.

>>Was it his father's reputation?

Yes and no, it was more the idea that he was trying to fullfill his fathers dream. Though not directly said I got that impression when reading through the website.

>>The fancy website?

No, to me it was a cookie cutter website. Are bee breeding websites suppose to be UNfancy? It is really cheap and easy to hire someone to design a nice looking website. Offer free pizza and a few bucks to the local computer wiz kid and in a weekend you got a decent looking site.

>>His knowledge on the forums?

Yes, but not so much the knowledge but the view he expressed towards other peoples ideas. He never seemed to put down anyone else's ideas or say his way was best. The advice given was not in the form of 'do this or else' but was more 'I do this because...' This openess with information and the friendly way it was given, not only by RA but many others on the RA forums, is the main factor that "convinced" me.

>>The 12 exotic races of bees?

I was only really interested in the SK line and pollinators. But it wasn't the traits or claims it was more of the precieved connection to pollination/migratory beek's that made me interested in those. The belief that people that make a living from beekeeping use those must mean they are good. The only trait that really caught my attention was the cordovian (sp?) color queen that gave normal looking workers. Being able to spot the queen easy sounded like a blessing. The rest was just icing so to say.

Kind ties into what I said above but, the idea that I now have access to something that only the deep pocket comercial guys could get before, made me feel a bit more on par with the commercial guys. Though this probly comes from the really bad experiance I had with commercial beeks locally.

Also, On a side note... before reading this thread I dropped a note to RA yesterday about a swarm I got from a 30 year old ferrel hive. Today I got a call from one of the sub's they want to come get the hive tomarrow. So some one is at the switch over there still. Before you ask, yes I'm giving them the hive. They have a real good reputation with the local clubs and was really helpful to me with advice and local contacts. Besides that I said I would therefor I will.

Paul

PS If anyone wants a refund on my 2 cents send me a self addressed stamped envelope I'll be happy to send it to you (Mexican peso may be substituted)

Just got a check in the mail from RA.

Cameo; I hope to have the same conclusion as you. Good for you.

Quote Originally Posted by Broke-T View Post
    Delber, all the posting on this forum was by Robert Russell, the person being described here. His Father passed away in the Fall of 2011 I think.

Johnny
    J. N. Russell died in December 2010

We did business with JN. Good Man
    larry

I kicked this horse more than once,,,now what about a check?

I would sure write them and say this is my address and you owe me $_____ and send it to them. I ditched the envelope I got the check in. Maybe someone has it for you.

Is the web link still up about refunds on the RA site?

seal62

PM sent

Default Re: Robert Russell Apiaries - Update

Thank you guys for the information. In light of what is going on I sent an email cancelling my holdover and requesting a refund. I got a response saying they were investigating my claim and would get back with me. It irks me that he lied about who he was right to my face.

Page 19 of 21 FirstFirst ... 91718192021 LastLast