Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021

Default Re: Robert Russell is a fraud

my day job is I am a dairy equipment dealer, for years... once you get notice of an agricultural banckruptcy you might as well forget seeing what your short. secured creditors [not you] will get every penny that the courts and lawers can not steal [legal fees]. I learned years ago not too even waste time fileing the paperwork. you will NEVER see a cent, move on!

Default Re: Robert Russell Apiaries - Update

Quote Originally Posted by SideYardBees View Post
    Who should she call?
    If she wants to know, she can pm me. I'm always hesitant to put contact information for attorneys, even if public record, on forums for the masses to search for years after the case is closed.

Or she can call the United States Bankruptcy Court for the Southern District of Mississippi, Jackson Office.

Default Re: Robert Russell Apiaries - Update

I was migratory into MS near Yazoo City in the early to mid 80's and we (my self and local beekeeper G. Cannon) had the bad luck of dealing with this Russell clan then. We took old man Russell to one of Genes nuc yards. Low and behold 3 days later when we went back the whole yard (120 4 frame nucs ) was gone. We always had a suspicion it was Russell but no way to prove it. All these years later it seems we were correct in believing he stole them.

Seems to be Russell is back, now on EBAY selling again, buyers bee,,,,, ware.

Being new to beekeeping, this thread was very helpful, this thread should be required reading of anyone that joins bee source so that they may be aware of the scams out there.

Wow, the epic con...what a fiasco, and rip-off.

These recent posts made me look to see if the old Russell website was still up. It's not, but the "State Operator Program" version of it is. This is the one like "Russell Apiaries - Mississippi" where each state was "supposed" to get a Russell strain bred locally for people in that local. Man, there were more tendrils of this con than a 10-acre patch of kudzu has!!! *Lots* of people lost their shirts.

The link below still has some photos, "breed" descriptions, videos, etc.,. Even a disclaimer about how "another website" caused Russell Apiaries to go bankrupt.

http://russellapiaries.webs.com/

As for the eBay presence, I looked and did a search for "honey bees mississippi" and it returned a seller selling bees with a last name that matches a last name included in the Russell con. I definitely can't say there's any connection there, though...they've got 60 positive feedbacks (100%). And lots of people have/use the same last names but are no kin or associated with one another.

In their eBay listing there is a preponderance of the word "Sunkist" used toward the bottom of the ad...the wording below the "lineage" about population densities is interesting. Here's a quote of that part:

"We open breed in saturated areas that we have 'seeded' with swarms to establish the feral colonies genetics. We keep swarming hives of .45cuft. that promote swarming. In 2010/2011 we released the 'Sunkist x Sunkist' at 5 colonies per kilometer for 30 km2. The release was on an isthmus and well isolated. We have since continued this method using VSH/Pol-line genetics with apparent success in noting strong VSH in observed feral colonies."

Oh well...the "deja'vu" feeling I'm having is probably just the pineapple/jalapeno pizza I had last night...

Ed

Sad thing is he had a good thing going. Wonderful idea. If it had only been on the up and up! A lot of people got scammed bad on this one. Hope these people got justice for what he did to them all. I was one of the lucky ones and got most of my money back.

Quote Originally Posted by Intheswamp View Post

"We open breed in saturated areas that we have 'seeded' with swarms to establish the feral colonies genetics. We keep swarming hives of .45cuft. that promote swarming. In 2010/2011 we released the 'Sunkist x Sunkist' at 5 colonies per kilometer for 30 km2. The release was on an isthmus and well isolated. We have since continued this method using VSH/Pol-line genetics with apparent success in noting strong VSH in observed feral colonies."

Oh well...the "deja'vu" feeling I'm having is probably just the pineapple/jalapeno pizza I had last night...

Ed
    Not sure its the pizza.... sounds pretty similar to the garbage that he was spewing. I sure hope not, and if not, I apologize to the ebay seller.
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11192021