Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast

Default Re: Robert Russell is a fraud

I am a bit confused here trying to follow this thread. https://maps.google.com/maps/ms?msid...0523,67.587891
    It seems the majority of this sub operations got taken off already. What a scam!
    So is the picture of the 32 y.o. arrested guy the real Robert Russell who's making everybody's life miserable?

has anyone noticed the sound of 'Rob Hughes' compared to a NY city speaker saying a mugging phrase like 'rob yous'.....?
    LeeB
    I try to learn from my mistakes, and from yours when you give me a heads up :)

That's the one beepro. I drove to MS last year and met with (Rob Hughes) or so I thought but it was actually that man Robert Russell.
    Major

This will be the only thing that I post on this topic Yes I got sucked in with all the bells and wistles and I gave him about $250 for some just about usless Queens out of 12 only two made it through the summer and they both stunk on ice.But I thought that was just the luck of the draw now I know why.This young man if he has any feelings at all about his Dad he should know that his name and his strand of Queens is mud now and I hope he has real trouble sleeping at night but I doubt it.I just hope that the state will step in and prosecute him to the fullest extent of the law.What is so sad is that this man had potential he had some great knowledge about our craft and if he had trully applyed himself he coulda been a great force for the progress of beekeeping but instead he used his intelligence to rip people off.

Not sad at all about the RRussell's potential...I would think he had very little at becoming a beekeeper because his focus was on bilking people out of their money. Now as a potential political candidate for a major office in government....yes, he had/has tremendous potential.

His writings were almost too professional for someone of his ilk to produce. I really wonder if perhaps JN Russell may have had some papers that RRussell got his script from...if that was the case wouldnj't it be interesting to read those papers. Some of the issues of shb would have had to be improvised on. I recall reading a thread that RRussell started where he stated that he had "set aside" 1000 colonies for studying varied shb treatments...1000 colonies?...he could really spin one. He was intelligent enough to be able to see the current state of beekeeping and issues facing beekeepers and to create appealing dialogue and fantasies that was attractive and interesting to legitiment beekeepers...the fact that he was the son of an apparently well respected queen breeder only helped to win over the hesitant beeks.

My doubts about him were made concrete when small buyers began to report that bees were not being shipped and that requested refunds were not being given. A person that had the resources to "set aside" 1000 hives for a "study" should have certainly been able to refund one or two hundred dollars that had been entrusted to him. I mean, with his gigantic commercial business, airplane, island breeding yards, etc.,..refunding a few paltry thousand to hobbyists should have been no problem. That's when I wondered if he was in the seafood business rather than the bee business...something smelled fishy.

I sympathize with those that were ripped off. It is sad that Russell Apiaries will most likely be remembered for Robert Russell's crookedness rather than JN Russells hard work.

Best wishes to all hoping that ya'll can recoup some or all of your losses. Depends on whether RRussell has any real property as I doubt there's much cash laying around. As a friend has told me on occasion...you can't get blood from a turnip but you sometimes you can get the turnip.

Ed

Quote Originally Posted by thenance007 View Post
    I agree with AstroBee. I loved the photos of the Sunkists and as a hobbyist wanted (snip)
    What got my money was a seemingly "reputable" producer with past happy customers on beesource that was producing treatment free carniolans. Lord only knows what i actually have in those 2 hives. I guess the search is on again.

If its true that when we cross over we are met by our families and loved ones, I'd love to be the "fly on the wall" and witness Robert when he has to face JN on the other side--although there is a significant chance that they won't be going to the same place, LOL.

Could someone summarize what is known about this scam?

> Could someone summarize what is known about this scam?

Promote a product, collect the money, don't deliver product, don't refund money. Deny, obfuscate, pose as somebody else when challenged. An old story.

Graham
    USDA Zone 7A Elevation 1400 ft

Just tried to go to his website, I can't get it to load. Anyone else not able to access?

Never mind it just popped up thought I would make a copy of our private messages if something happens to the site and I need to remind him of our conversation

Quote Originally Posted by alblancher View Post

Never mind it just popped up thought I would make a copy of our private messages if something happens to the site and I need to remind him of our conversation
    All the posts asking about 'Wheres our bees?' already have disappeared. I posted a copy of his booking picture on his site, but it disappeared as well.

Did they disappear or were they flagged? I was able to read the one about picking up the soap in prison, which is hilarious.

FYI.. Was just told that there is a warrant for the arrest of Robert Lee Russell in Rankin County.... the notice in the Rankin county paper... if someone wants to verify.
    [edit]
    Sip'
    Last edited by Barry; 02-23-2013 at 05:27 PM. Reason: off topic for forum

From "The Neshoba Democrat", "Robert Lee Russell, 32, of 212 Fannin Landing Circle, Brandon, warrant-felony false pretense". Also on the Russell's website "The forums, Locations Near You, and Links pages have been removed temporarily. Our legal representatives are working to stop the false allegations that have been spread around. These pages will be activated again as soon as that has been completed. Thank you for your patience and support.".

Hey Sippy was that warrant the same as the one published in the Democrat, or is it a different one?

Someone told me about it... did not see it myself... was told it was issued in Rankin county and they are searching for him... that's all I know. Oh, and the person who told me said it was in the Rankin county paper... didn't say which one or when... But I have no doubt that what they were telling me was true.
    Sip'

[QUOTE=beepro;899440]
    It seems the majority of this sub operations got taken off already. What a scam!
    QUOTE]

beepro-
    most of the sub sites are down because the operators took them down and left the program. i stated that i did such a few pages back in this thread
    Allegany Mtn. Bee Farm
    Quality Queens and Honey from Western New York

It is only reasonable to!

The only thing that surprises me at this point is that there is not a link to click on at his web site to donate to the Rob/Robert legal defense fund.

From the RA website:

~"Again, once an order is placed, the company makes many investments of resources, labor, time, and finances, so cancellations will only be considered at our full descretion [sic]. Filing a dispute with your credit card company or with Paypal will add fees to your charges and only hinders the ability of both parties to reach an agreement. You are responsible for all fees and damages incurred by filing such claims. It is a Federal Crime to file false claims with your financial institution in an attempt to receive a return of your payment after receiving your merchandise. These types of scams had posed a serious threat to commerce as electronic payments had become more common. The FBI, Financial Institutions, and Businesses in all industries have worked very diligently to create harsh punishments for this type of fraud and to quicken the process of charging and arresting the criminals no matter how far away they are from the company that they had swindled."~

After I ordered queens last year, (didn't arrive, no response to emails, etc.....) I had a bad feeling I was going to lose my money based on all the reports from others on Beesource. Also, I thought it was strange that RA stated on their site that it could take "45 days" from time of order until queens shipped. How convenient that 45 days is also the cut-off point when you can no longer file a dispute with PayPal. That coincidence sounded fishy to me, but I was still afraid to file a dispute because I had no idea what these extra "fees and damages" RA said I would be responsible for if I filed a dispute. On day 44 after ordering I talked to a PayPal rep and explained the situation. He told me that there was no such thing as "fees and damages" incurred by opening a dispute and that it was just a threat by RA to scare people from attempting to get a refund. I opened a dispute and got my money back, with <24 hrs to spare.

I was at the time, and even more so now, extremely sickened by all the damage RR/"Rob Huges" has caused people by his fraud and scams. I sincerely hope the last part of his "warning/threat" in that paragraph is fully and completely applied to HIM....

"It is a Federal Crime to file false claims......These types of scams had posed a serious threat to commerce as electronic payments had become more common. The FBI, Financial Institutions, and Businesses in all industries have worked very diligently to create harsh punishments for this type of fraud and to quicken the process of charging and arresting the criminals no matter how far away they are from the company that they had swindled."

Page 10 of 21 FirstFirst ... 8910111220 ... LastLast