Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast

Default Re: Robert Russell is a fraud

Thanks Barry,

That link makes more sense but still not the person I met. Any reason not to post the pic in this thread?

" I am going to keep a positive but sceptical attitude about this situation. Not much else I can do. As previously stated on Feb 11 they promised delivery end of March, beg of April."

Al, alll I can say is, I sure hope you get your nuc...... even through all this... good luck....keep us posted if you do.

Do a search for Robert Russell, not Rob Hughes. The person who is Robert Russell presented himself as Rob Hughes.
    Gary

Hopefully, after a conviction, the only bees he works with from here on out will be fighting yellow jackets when hes out weedeating ditches on work release.

Specialkayme, I did meet Rob Hughes/Robert Russell in person. I traveled to MS last Fall to get my nucs. I tried to establish a pick up time for weeks, but received no response. So I just arrived at his place on Fanin Landing Circle and introduced myself. They (Rob and a helper) pulled my nucs from 10 frame hives at that site and let me take them. Not the bulging overwintered nucs that were advertised, but I got my bees. Rob was cordial and convincing, and his face is memorable to me. I met other beeks there who had traveled to get their nucs also. Yes, others have seen the face of Rob/Robert.
    Quote Originally Posted by Specialkayme View Post
    In the interests of full disclosure, I was a member of the sub producer program. I never sold anything under the Russell name though.

From the limited discussions I've had with some of the members after this information came out, I think I may have been the only member of the sub-producer program that met him in person and can positively identify him. I wasn't aware of this until recently. I thought many other members had met him. And by him, I mean Robert Russell and/or "Rob Hughes".

How did the bees do?

Quote Originally Posted by SideYardBees View Post
    Specialkayme, I did meet Rob Hughes/Robert Russell in person.
    My reference was to the sub producers. I know other individuals had seen him in person, but I think I was the only sub producer that can recognize his face.

I went to this site and filed. I would encourage others to file here too if you have had direct dealing with RA in the last year. I wasn't victimized too badly, but I'm certainly a first hand witness to the process having been a customer when the communication stopped, and the aliases stepped in. RR solicited and received payment from multiple states, via PayPal, for products and services he could not supply. He developed an internet facade of a multi-state enterprise. He apparently has used multiple aliases to shield himself from exposure and criticism. He has defrauded many people in several states. Sounds like an interstate fraud scheme to me. It may not be the way it started our to be, but...
    Sad. The first lie is always to yourself. Thanks for hanging with this Barry and weathering the criticism.
    Quote Originally Posted by Barry View Post
    One would think so. It's quite apparent that fraud has/is being committed using his site. Victims can file here: http://www.ic3.gov/default.aspx

Not so either Special. The folks I met at RA when I picked up my nucs were also Subs.
    My reference was to the sub producers. I know other individuals had seen him in person, but I think I was the only sub producer that can recognize his face.

SideYardBees and Specialkayme.

Is the person you met the same that can be found by using the link in post 140?
    Horseshoe Point Honey -- http://localvahoney.com/

Who were they SideYard? Did they give you names? Or tell you what state they were from?

From the limited discussions I've had with some of the members after this information came out, I think I may have been the only member of the sub-producer program that met him in person and can positively identify him.
    Maybe others had met him. I don't know. But no one is telling me they have. I'm not in complete contact with most of them right now. But those that I did speak to all told me they did not meet him.

Quote Originally Posted by AstroBee View Post
    Is the person you met the same that can be found buy using the link in post 140?
    Yes.

There was a thread a couple of weeks ago started bu someone WHO siad their hives went missing after being housed on Russell's property. Link below shows photos of those bees marked BHS (or BSH?...sorry, my tablet makes it difficult to hop between links without losing something...).

http://s1040.beta.photobucket.com/us...aries/library/

Wonder what happened with those missing hives and the investigation? Does anyone remember the title of that thread?

Ramona

Quote Originally Posted by Ramona View Post
    There was a thread a couple of weeks ago started bu someone WHO siad their hives went missing after being housed on Russell's property. Link below shows photos of those bees marked BHS (or BSH?...sorry, my tablet makes it difficult to hop between links without losing something...).

http://s1040.beta.photobucket.com/us...aries/library/

Wonder what happened with those missing hives and the investigation? Does anyone remember the title of that thread?

Ramona
    That was me and yes the bees are still missing. The sheriffs office and the state ag theft departement are still looking, but I am not expecting much as it would be to easy to move the bees to new equipment. MS is so thick you would never see anything. They will only find them if someone like phillip or one of his other employees (steve, blaine, scott are the ones I have met) talk.
    if you follow the links in post 140 that is the guy that introduced himself as rob hughes on both occasions that I met him.

> There was a thread a couple of weeks ago started by someone WHO siad their hives went missing after being housed on Russell's property.

Here's the thread you are referring to:
    http://www.beesource.com/forums/show...ght=BSH+stolen
    Last post was on 2/20
    Graham
    -- The real problem is not precise language, it's clear language. - Richard Feynman

yes, I was wondering about all the nucs being made and picked up in the yard last fall if any had the BSH labels on them?? Wouldn't be too hard to make some assumptions!! Especially all the folks arriving unannounced, duh, let's try these....

Ramona,

I believe the pic you are talking about is the original poster off loading his bees from his truck. I understand there where no RA people in the picture

I don't believe this is a forum for investigation of one another. Lets not go down that road like before Special.
    Who were they SideYard? Did they give you names? Or tell you what state they were from?

Maybe others had met him. I don't know. But no one is telling me they have. I'm not in complete contact with most of them right now. But those that I did speak to all told me they did not meet him.

*Removed

I don't believe this is a forum for investigation of one another. Lets not go down that road like before Special.
    Some of us who have lighter wallets because of this incestuous group would really like to know what, when, who, where, why.

Page 8 of 21 FirstFirst ... 67891018 ... LastLast