Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Default Re: Robert Russell is a fraud

Are you all aware that there is in fact a Rob Hughes, Jr and a Rob Hughes Sr living in Brandon, MS?

Can't imagine in a place that size that there'd be too many extras...Rob Hughes definitely exists as a separate person apart from the person of Russell, and is not a fictional person.

Even given the stellar reputation that rural southern police have for being corruption free... have you considered the possibility that Los Angeles and NYC aren't the only places where law enforcement officials might give a guy less than accurate information? (whether by error or intent?)
    Last edited by Beregondo; 02-19-2013 at 09:21 PM. Reason: typo

Quote Originally Posted by Motj3 View Post
    So why are you not un-associated? Just curious if there is some reason the sub-producers cant get the name off their bee farms.
    Motj3-
    What I mean is my name. I tied my name to that of Russell Apiaries in a plan to be able to offer the genetic stock of Russell Apiaries to the general public, after they stopped taking orders from the public. I had numerous orders last year that I did deliver queens to. I have never taken an order that I was unable to fill. If I couldnt get the number of queens or cells by a certain date, I contacted the buyer and worked with them to either produce them or not, and I certainly didnt take anyones money without delivering product.
    I was unaware of any wrong doings by Robert/Rob, other than some folks who were waiting for queens that were late, when I decided to become a Sub producer for RA. I did not know any of the information that was brought to light in this thread, until MTINAZ spoke up. I can assure everyone that there was not any knowledge by any of the "sub producers" of any of the accusations made in this thread. I would say that the subs are honest, hardworking folks that may have gotten caught up in a mess that was not of their making, nor their desire.
    Allegany Mtn. Bee Farm
    Quality Queens and Honey from Western New York

I would second that on the sub producers.

Having purchased both from NY_BLUES at Russell Apiaries NY & Jason Varner at RA/Pennsylvania last year, I can say that both the queens and service I got from both of them were excellent.

I've already purchased a nuc this year from NY_BLUES and will be getting a couple of Moonbeam queens from Jason in PA.

I recommend both of them frequently to my friends.

Are you all aware that there is in fact a Rob Hughes, Jr and a Rob Hughes Sr living in Brandon, MS?
    And you know this how? A google search doesn't bring them up

Quote Originally Posted by Beregondo View Post
    Rob Hughes definitely exists as a separate person apart from the person of Russell, and is not a fictional person.
    Have you meet both of these "individuals"?
    Regards, Barry

So what are the queens called "Sunkist" "moonbeam" etc?
    Deknow
    The perils of benefactors; The blessings of parasites; Blindness blindness and sight -Joni Mitchell 'Shadows and Light'

Kind of curious if the sub producers are trying to find out any of these inner dealings?? Who were they dealing with? What do they know?? No wonder other than NY Blues they're all quiet..

From the RA site, where most of the sub producers are members and posters, PDGHoney looks to be the overseer of this program that MTINAZ was in with hives on a flow year round. If you check out the PDGHoney store with photobucket, many of the photos were posted by supposedly Dr. Robert Russell showing his mating yards years ago on this site. Hopefully, someone is able to hold them accountable.

One wonders if PDGHoney, Rob Hughes and Robert Russell are the same person.

I got Carni's and Caucasians from him. Couldn't see much difference and they all sucked and/or died/disappeared. I had some Moonbeams on order, which I'm sure I'll never see. Really makes me wonder what these "sub-producers" are selling. Lots of claims but little substance as far as I've seen.

Quote Originally Posted by Spark View Post
    Just waiting for Specialkayme to chime in or maybe apologize.
    And apologize I shall.

I, like many others, met Rob Hughes, but never met or spoke with Robert Russell. I had no idea what was going on. I'm very sorry to those individuals that were harmed by the RA outfit. I'm very sorry to those individuals that I took opposite positions with on the topic of RA in the past. If Rob and Robert really are the same person, I feel sick to my stomach. If somehow they are not, there are still too many questions left unanswered (and unanswerable) to make things ok.

Individuals have still not received their refunds, despite multiple requests from those individuals (and requests by me) for RA to refund those monies. No one can get a complete understanding of where their yards are located, or in what states. I've asked RA to give me some type of evidence, any type, that what they are saying is accurate. RA is not a company that is registered with the MS Secretary of State. I was told they were in business decades ago. I asked for a copy of the Articles of Incorporation, but I received none. I asked for information on where Robert received his PhD from, but I received no such information. I asked for a copy of JN's will that gave him all the hives, since it is supposed to be public record, but I received no such copy.

When I went down to meet Robert, I was told the day before that he was called out of town on business, and I could meet Rob instead. Now I find out that is the same story that was given to every individual that went down to pick up bees and/or equipment. Again, I'm so sorry. I had no idea.

I also apologize for not speaking up sooner. I had limited access to the CR forums, so wasn't able to say anything sooner.

My deepest and sincerest apologies to all individuals who were wronged, cheated, and/or deceived. My even greater apologies for being involved in the matter, and being unable to see the truth before defending RA. For what it's worth, I still have an outstanding order with RA that was not fulfilled in 2012. A few hundred dollars.

I hope some of you can forgive me.

Very nicely said speck. I think it's important not to dwell anymore about who said what in the past but as a group to try to learn from this experience. I think we were all taken in to varying degrees. I have my own regrets for not having been a little more persistent about airing my doubts based on what I had learned talking to others. I knew that some real "whoppers" were being told but I had no idea of the scope of what was going on.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Quote Originally Posted by deknow View Post
    Deknow
    Havent even thought about that before now. How as a sub producer could you advertise in good faith having a particular brand or breed with particular traits when so far everything about the parent operation has been nothing but smoke and mirrors. (yeah, Im good at run on sentences) .

Below is a portion of the reply I got from Robert when I made the post on his site.

Robert Russell replied to your message on Russell Apiaries

--------------------
    Subject: hive update

Caffery email... Hey Clinton,

Glad to hear that you guys had a safe trip... I want to apologize to you for hiding my identity as Rob Hughes when meeting with you and your father... on the forums it had gotten too hard for me to even make small posts without getting bombarded by questions about my opinions and methods, and in person I was having troubles with people asking for me to give them things for free and to talking bees for much longer than I had time for...
    --------------------

To reply to this message, follow the link below:
    [url]http://russellapiaries.webs.com

Quote Originally Posted by Specialkayme View Post
    And apologize I shall.
    Thanks for your words. As Jim said, I think it's important that as a group, we work together in these matters to do what it right, truthful and honest, as hard as that is at times with this medium. I'm glad to see the extent you went to to try and verify where the truth was.

I get very upset at the thought that anyone would use this site for their personal gain at the expense of other members. I do my best to try and prevent this.
    Regards, Barry

As my mom used to say, "the devil will out himself."

The frightening thing about this to me, is "he/they" obviously have had this scam working successfully for awhile. If he'd/they honored a few more requests and refunds there's no doubt in my mind I would have let it go. Continued to give them the benefit of the doubt also. But at some point they RA, Rob Hughes, Robbert Russell, RDGHoney, got a little greedy and saw their "practice" was working satisfactorily for them so why honor anymore requests for refunds than absolutely necessary. They had enough supporters on these sites to keep the detractors at bay. Also enough new beekeepers that didn't have a clue and willingly sent their dollars. Scary to be so totally scammed!

Thanks SpecialK, appreciate your experiences and your honesty.

P.S. Where's Twinkle Bee when we need her?

So;

"let's go get the rope!"

Hey Spec. I admire your loyalty. You just aren't as old and cynical as some of the rest of us. Nothing to forgive. Not long ago we were dealing with Long Creek. I'm sure there's another coming down the road. Beekeepers are pretty honest but there is always one in every crowd.

.....there were reports that queens from Russell were bred to have noticeable excess of queen pheromone.......were they simply sprayed with the stuff, or were they really bred for that trait?
    Deknow
    The perils of benefactors; The blessings of parasites; Blindness blindness and sight -Joni Mitchell 'Shadows and Light'

Another note: Just for clarification there is a member that apparently goes by his real name of Rob Hughes, as near as I can tell he shares no connection whatsoever with any of these folks or this situation. The alias' that RR were posting under were beehugheshoney and TwinkieBee
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

Page 3 of 21 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast