Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

Honey house coming right along

6K views 22 replies 14 participants last post by  Hoot Owl Lane Bees 
#1 ·
Taking part of my barn and building a sealed room to do all my extracting in. (Wife kicked me out of house after she came home last year to house full of bees). Plus this give me a place to graft and od ball other bee stuff. Planning on making this a all summer project to spread the spending out a little. Got a guy hooking me up with cabinets as soon as I can get by his place. Another guy working on insulation for the walls. The advantages of having friends in contracting. The window was brand new still wrapped up and it was free. Kinda hard to put up a box in window in a barn wall but I did it and it looks pretty good. Here is a few pictures of what I have done so far.

See less See more
#16 ·
Very nice but listen - I need a new honey house - maybe when you are done you could build a new one for me! At any rate I see you having many, many enjoyable hours ahead working in your new honey house. Remember to build looking for where you'll likely bee in couple of years so you have room to expand. One other tip - if you put a fan to exhause in a screened window during honey extraction it will keep the bees out of the honey house as they will come to the fan (scent) and not get any reward to take back and lure the others.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.