Beesource Beekeeping Forums banner

amount of honey

3K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  NasalSponge 
#1 ·
On the average how much honey would you say you should get per hive per year? I know lots of things can affect this but just a average year. like how many lbs per hive?

#2 ·
The best answer to that question would be achieved by googleing your state average or any other for comparison. Minneasota average in 2007 was 68 pounds and that was down 12% from the year before. Mileage in your location may vary from wonderful to pathetic. Here in MT last yar I think the state average was in the fifties, the year before in the seventies, but I have seen individual colonies under great conditions do 350 pounds. A lot of variables in your question.

#5 ·
Same here, I have seen hives produce as many as seven small supers and hives in the same yard produce almost nothing. I figure a good strong hive will produce at least 2-3 supers in my area if in a good location. Some will produce more and some less. I have hives in about 10 yards in a 3 county area and some yards produce much better than others. Location is very important!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.