Default Clayton, North Carolina

Hello all my name is Jeff and i am from Clayton NC. I have always been interested in beekeeping as my grandfather was a keeper. Now that he has passed i have received some of his equipment, and am going to give it a try. This will be my first year trying beekeeping and i am sure ill have lots of questions.

Default Re: Clayton, North Carolina

Hello from a fellow North Carolinian. Thats great that youre going to carry on the tradition. I just found out from my dad that my great grandfather was a beekeeper. It may be in the blood lol. Im Tim by the way and welcome.

Thanks for the reply Tim. I plan on buying a nuc next month and installing them myself without any real prior experience. Everybody i talk to says to join a Beekeepers Association , but i want get started. Got any suggestions for a beginner?

Welcome Jeff! I used to be from NC, New Bern and Havelock for many years.
    americasbeekeeper.com
    beekeeper@americasbeekeeper.com

Welcome to the site!

Welcome from another Tar Heel! My 18 yr old son enjoys my bees and intends to have hives whenever I can get him to move away! (fat chance).
    Read Michael Bush's Website. http://www.bushfarms.com/bees.htm

Well i attended my first beekeeper meeting, and have decided to take the beginner class they offer in Raleigh march 16-17. Then i am going to try and find me a mentor. I hope i can find a mentor but i am not a social butterfly so we will see. To belewsboy i will read the link, and he will move out then youll wish he was at home.lol.. Thanks for all the replies and if anybody knows of somebody close to me willing to mentor it would greatly appreciated. Again thanks and everybody be blessed.