Default Small truck to California

I sent my strong hives to calif, several weeks ago. The crew I was with put in over 6000 hives in a little over two and a half weeks.we have now have returned to Arizona and I have the chance to send 64 small 2-4 framers over there for 85 dollars, this does not warrant a semi truck and to be honest not sure its worth the trouble. I have a ford 550 registered at 19,500 pounds. Does anybody have an idea do what I need for dot numbers or what ever to avoid getting crossed up with the dot? I would like to make a few extra bucks. I Have sent them on semi trucks before so never worried about anything more than the bug station. Info appreciated ASAP . Ps when over there with the 550's. we never stop at the scales .. But we are not loaded either, a load of bees is a whole different matter. Thanks much gang... GB
    George Brenner @ www.valleyhoneyco.com
    Mesa, AZ

Default Re: Small truck to California

Even the 1 ton flatbeds are supposed to stop at the scales ,even when empty. I drove right past them for years with
    my old 1 tons, but I also heard of them chasing trucks down that blew past the scales. I know some sort of number is required for any commercial truck in Ca.either DOT or the Ca MCP # .Now I make sure I stop (especially with a load of bees lol). I got flagged into a safety inspection last week at the scales with my 2 ton. Pain in the butt.

Thanks for the reply mike, that's about what I figured it would be. Did you have to provide flares, triangles,fire extinguisher ? I will call ADOT on Tuesday and see what I can find out. Thanks again GB
    Mesa, AZ

Yep, 3 triangles and an extinguisher. Got a nice little sticker on my window for being good.

GB, since your across state lines is a log book reg?
    NUTRA-BEE feed supplements

We were pulled over recently for a CHP safety inspection going to the dump. I was cited for having my license plate stickers on the back plate rather than the front, which is the law for commercial trucks. The truck had been inspected several times since 2000 and they never caught it before. You can all feel safer now. Someone also turned in my honey for sale at a produce store to Weights and Measures. I was cited for not displaying weights and zip code properly. You can all feel safer now. I am a ruthless terrible criminal and should be taken off the streets.

Quote Originally Posted by odfrank View Post
    You can all feel safer now.
    I think everyone will truly feel safer once the Department of Ag has cited you for filtering your honey through used panty hose.
    Dan www.boogerhillbee.com
    Experience is a hard teacher because she gives the test first, the lesson afterwards

Quote Originally Posted by beemandan View Post
    I think everyone will truly feel safer once the Department of Ag has cited you for filtering your honey through used panty hose.
    I went clean on that. This year I pumped thru new nylon drainage filter fabric. Works great.

Keith, I will pick up a couple comic books just for good measure.

Quote Originally Posted by Keith Jarrett View Post
    GB, since your across state lines is a log book reg?
    Mesa, AZ

You may face legal challenges, that is a trade secret that you just gave out....

Quote Originally Posted by beemandan View Post
    Mesa, AZ

> used panty hose<
    od, I guess your regular customers are going to miss that special essence that made it unique.

Commercial vehicles having a declared gross vehicle weight of 10,001 pounds or more must display the current month and year sticker on the front license plates (CVC 5204).

Oops, your right . Didnt know that. Not that i am going to rush out and change them.

This exactely why I gave up my CDL several years ago. I felt like I had a Bullseye on the door every place I went, DOT could take pot shots at you anytime they want.

Quote Originally Posted by loggermike View Post
    Commercial vehicles having a declared gross vehicle weight of 10,001 pounds or more must display the current month and year sticker on the front license plates (CVC 5204).

Oops, your right . Didnt know that. Not that i am going to rush out and change them.
    Mesa, AZ