Default Plasticell foundation

I bought a bunch of used equipment and in the deal got a partial box of plasticell foundation. Is there an up or down on this product. One corner has a diagonal line of perforations. Is that how you tell up or down. Thanks.

Default Re: Plasticell foundation

You can break off those tabs and put the perforated slot on the bottom bar if you believe in the "communication hole concept". Bees often choose to open a hole there and plastic would prevent that.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney

I installed mine every which way and i believe this may be a "bad" thing. most drawn combs in frameless hives haev the lwoer corners unfilled by comb. presumably this is for the bees to better navigate to the other side of the frame. i think the intent is that you break off that corner and then install. having no bees, and no experience, i could very well be wrong.

Thanks all. Since Mr Lyon has probably used a sheet or two of it I will believe what he said. I have seen most duragilt transition holes get filled by the bees.

Quote Originally Posted by Vance G View Post
    Thanks all. Since Mr Lyon has probably used a sheet or two of it I will believe what he said. I have seen most duragilt transition holes get filled by the bees.
    ....and I have seen them open them back up as well. I consider it all more of a curiosity than a necessity but I guess in a wintering scenario it might be helpful to a cluster not to force the bees to walk on the outside wall.
    "People will generally accept facts as truth only if the facts agree with what they already believe."- Andy Rooney